Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    probably heard me talk about this girl beofore, so just a quick recap. i told her i liked her ages ago and se said she only liked me as a friend, a few weeks ago i drunkenly sent her an e-mail saying how much i still liked her and still want to be with her.

Since then she told me that she gets nervous everytime i'm around her and she doesn't know if it is because she likes me or if its because she knows i like her. its all quite confusing. we've been talking and textin each other more than normal so i thought it could be all go, i was so happy.

now i've just found out that her ex has sent her a message the other day after not speaking to her for ages telling her he "still loves" her. Grrrrr, now shes tried to talk to him and he ignors her. i'm startin to feel like she unsure about who she wants to be with, she keeps telling me that she can't be arsed with him, but she updates her status about him 4 times in a night sayin she can't be arsed anymore.

i don't know what to do, i've tried tellin her to forget him but she says she can't. this hs really put me on a downer because it seems like he won't let her move on but still acts like a prick with her. it just feels like this is the only thing thats between us finally being together.

What do i do???

ReputationRep:
    Although it may be hard in the short term, just walk away, it will be better in the long run.

ReputationRep:
    Stalk her until she loves you and if not try for forcible kiss her until she decides she does. It worked in Twilight.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Learning to spell THINK may help, but either way its the classic old BF curse really all you can do is wait i guess because i notice girls tend to grow way more attached to guys and find it much harder to finally let go and most often go back to them.

ReputationRep:
    Move on, seriously. Move on.

ReputationRep:
    i think i should move on, but i don't want to, i did for a bit but then we got talking again recently and i really do like her. i'm sure she likes me but she just needs to see that her ex doesn't want her to be happy. she tells me he complains when he see's other guys talkin to her or sees pictures of her with other guys, apparently he had a big trust issue.

i want to tell her he is just doing this so she won't move on, but i don't want to seem controlling or anything. she's told me shes going to talk to her sister about all this when she's back off her holiday, i know her sister and just hope she puts in a good argument for me.

After all thats gone on i just want us to be happy together.

ReputationRep:
    This ex of hers can't be that bad I just think your making bad comments because your 'in competition' with him, the ball is in her court.

ReputationRep:
    i'm only going off what she has told me about him. she told me he won't speak to her for weeks, even months sometimes, then all of a sudden he will text her saying he still loves her. then when she trys to talk to him he just ignors her. i don't know the full story only what she tells me.

ReputationRep:
    ditch that b1tch

ReputationRep:
    Buy a gerbil. They won't let you down Sir!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.