The Student Room Group

Uni entry subjects (scotland)

Does anyone know which subjects are accepted by different uni's in scotland?

The reason being is I failed higher maths last year and so only have 4 subjects. Two of them I'm doing at advanced higher level.
So I currently have
Advanced French
Advanced English
Higher Physics
Higher Politics
Higher Drama

my problem is that I'm guessing a lot of uni's do not accept Drama as a subject, can anyone confirm which uni's this applies to?
I need to know as I need to apply for extra Higher courses at college's now!
I've never heard of a Higher not being accepted at a Scottish uni, as far as i know, any Higher goes! Probably better to phone up the unis you are interested in to confirm if they will accept it though.
Reply 2
We were always told some of the more obscure Business Studies type Highers weren't acknowledged by various universities, so I believe it is at least a possibility.
Reply 3
I checked with all universities I considered applying to (Scotland and England) in 2003 about whether Higher Information Systems was a) accepted and b) distinct from Computing, so you could do both. They all said it was- and if they accept that, they (should) take just about anything.
thanks for the help!
I was confused because someone had said I might not be able to submit drama as a subject

And the course I'm applying for is LLB Law, so the outlines were "Higher English, Credit Maths and either a standard grade in a science, language, social subject" for most unis

Latest

Trending

Trending