Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know which subjects are accepted by different uni's in scotland?

The reason being is I failed higher maths last year and so only have 4 subjects. Two of them I'm doing at advanced higher level.
    So I currently have
    Advanced French
    Advanced English
    Higher Physics
    Higher Politics
    Higher Drama

my problem is that I'm guessing a lot of uni's do not accept Drama as a subject, can anyone confirm which uni's this applies to?
    I need to know as I need to apply for extra Higher courses at college's now!

ReputationRep:
    I've never heard of a Higher not being accepted at a Scottish uni, as far as i know, any Higher goes! Probably better to phone up the unis you are interested in to confirm if they will accept it though.

ReputationRep:
    We were always told some of the more obscure Business Studies type Highers weren't acknowledged by various universities, so I believe it is at least a possibility.

ReputationRep:
    I checked with all universities I considered applying to (Scotland and England) in 2003 about whether Higher Information Systems was a) accepted and b) distinct from Computing, so you could do both. They all said it was- and if they accept that, they (should) take just about anything.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the help!
    I was confused because someone had said I might not be able to submit drama as a subject

And the course I'm applying for is LLB Law, so the outlines were "Higher English, Credit Maths and either a standard grade in a science, language, social subject" for most unis

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.