Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

I have going to the gym for a while now, and have a good routine around the weights and cardio. Basically i won't go into too much detail of what i do, but tues and thurs i do 45mins of cardio on the cross trainer. monday tuesday and friday i do weights. normally about 3 sets of 7-8 reps. Monday i do bench press(and incline) shoulder raises, shrugs, weds i do barbell curls, dumbell curls incline flies and normal flies and tricep dips etc maybe some cable crossovers, friday i do lateral pull down, shoulder press, behind shoulder press etc etc. Probelm i am having is i can seethe mucle growing, inparticular my cheast from the sides, but i would like it to be more defined. I am planning to increase my weights gradually. For example currently bench 20kg each side for the last 2 weeks, will raise it by 2.5kg each side for the next 2 weeks etc etc. apparently my body fat is 14%, but i think i need to reduce this more right?? How much should it be and how can i go about to reduce it further? I eat igh protein(around 160 180 grams a day) and spread my meals through the day, 6 meals.

ReputationRep:
    Lose body fat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by man123)
    Hey all,

I have going to the gym for a while now, and have a good routine around the weights and cardio. Basically i won't go into too much detail of what i do, but tues and thurs i do 45mins of cardio on the cross trainer. monday tuesday and friday i do weights. normally about 3 sets of 7-8 reps. Monday i do bench press(and incline) shoulder raises, shrugs, weds i do barbell curls, dumbell curls incline flies and normal flies and tricep dips etc maybe some cable crossovers, friday i do lateral pull down, shoulder press, behind shoulder press etc etc. Probelm i am having is i can seethe mucle growing, inparticular my cheast from the sides, but i would like it to be more defined. I am planning to increase my weights gradually. For example currently bench 20kg each side for the last 2 weeks, will raise it by 2.5kg each side for the next 2 weeks etc etc. apparently my body fat is 14%, but i think i need to reduce this more right?? How much should it be and how can i go about to reduce it further? I eat igh protein(around 160 180 grams a day) and spread my meals through the day, 6 meals.
    :rolleyes:

Loose some weight fatty.

ReputationRep:
    ok ok ok, i understand that, but what i had thought is if i increase cardio it may end up burning muscle that i try to build. the cardio i do atm burns around 1300 calories in total for the week, i also do a 500m split on the rower before the weights to warm up, but not really counting that as cardio. Would i have to reduce carbs? And by how much and for lhow long?

ReputationRep:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-in...erval_training

ReputationRep:
    What? No squat or deadlift? I call fail

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm going to be sick.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.