Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

I have going to the gym for a while now, and have a good routine around the weights and cardio. Basically i won't go into too much detail of what i do, but tues and thurs i do 45mins of cardio on the cross trainer. monday tuesday and friday i do weights. normally about 3 sets of 7-8 reps. Monday i do bench press(and incline) shoulder raises, shrugs, weds i do barbell curls, dumbell curls incline flies and normal flies and tricep dips etc maybe some cable crossovers, friday i do lateral pull down, shoulder press, behind shoulder press etc etc. Probelm i am having is i can seethe mucle growing, inparticular my cheast from the sides, but i would like it to be more defined. I am planning to increase my weights gradually. For example currently bench 20kg each side for the last 2 weeks, will raise it by 2.5kg each side for the next 2 weeks etc etc. apparently my body fat is 14%, but i think i need to reduce this more right?? How much should it be and how can i go about to reduce it further? I eat igh protein(around 160 180 grams a day) and spread my meals through the day, 6 meals.

ReputationRep:
    Lose body fat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by man123)
    Hey all,

I have going to the gym for a while now, and have a good routine around the weights and cardio. Basically i won't go into too much detail of what i do, but tues and thurs i do 45mins of cardio on the cross trainer. monday tuesday and friday i do weights. normally about 3 sets of 7-8 reps. Monday i do bench press(and incline) shoulder raises, shrugs, weds i do barbell curls, dumbell curls incline flies and normal flies and tricep dips etc maybe some cable crossovers, friday i do lateral pull down, shoulder press, behind shoulder press etc etc. Probelm i am having is i can seethe mucle growing, inparticular my cheast from the sides, but i would like it to be more defined. I am planning to increase my weights gradually. For example currently bench 20kg each side for the last 2 weeks, will raise it by 2.5kg each side for the next 2 weeks etc etc. apparently my body fat is 14%, but i think i need to reduce this more right?? How much should it be and how can i go about to reduce it further? I eat igh protein(around 160 180 grams a day) and spread my meals through the day, 6 meals.
    :rolleyes:

Loose some weight fatty.

ReputationRep:
    ok ok ok, i understand that, but what i had thought is if i increase cardio it may end up burning muscle that i try to build. the cardio i do atm burns around 1300 calories in total for the week, i also do a 500m split on the rower before the weights to warm up, but not really counting that as cardio. Would i have to reduce carbs? And by how much and for lhow long?

ReputationRep:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-in...erval_training

ReputationRep:
    What? No squat or deadlift? I call fail

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm going to be sick.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.