Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

"dont speak to me if you're feeling low" Watch

at the moment, i feel really low. i'm not someone prone to feeling blue, but i've never felt so low in my entire life.

i am sort of seeing a guy at the moment. he always mocks me, etc. as he thinks it's funny, and by his own admission, he isnt nice. well, sometimes when i've been upset, he's tried consoling me, tried to cheer me up, etc.

and now, even though i've explained how bad i feel, he doesnt care at all. he just mentioned something about the times he has made me cry and said "you can cry, no tears will break the wall around my heart" and later said something like "maybe you just shouldnt speak to me when you're feeling low". and whenever we do talk, he just constantly mocks me

i would have thought that he would have understood, seeing as he's prone to feeling depressed, etc. but i'm suprised that he keeps pushing me away

i dont know what i expect to hear....i just feel so bewildered at the moment

ReputationRep:
    Avada Kedavra

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    at the moment, i feel really low. i'm not someone prone to feeling blue, but i've never felt so low in my entire life.

i am sort of seeing a guy at the moment. he always mocks me, etc. as he thinks it's funny, and by his own admission, he isnt nice. well, sometimes when i've been upset, he's tried consoling me, tried to cheer me up, etc.

and now, even though i've explained how bad i feel, he doesnt care at all. he just mentioned something about the times he has made me cry and said "you can cry, no tears will break the wall around my heart" and later said something like "maybe you just shouldnt speak to me when you're feeling low". and whenever we do talk, he just constantly mocks me

i would have thought that he would have understood, seeing as he's prone to feeling depressed, etc. but i'm suprised that he keeps pushing me away

i dont know what i expect to hear....i just feel so bewildered at the
    moment
    Are you sure its not being around him which is making you so down?

ReputationRep:
    You're doing yourself no favours being with him. If you need someone to talk to, someone who'll listen, then mother should be your first port of call
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    And your with him because?

ReputationRep:
    :console: If he's making you feel sad, don't be around him.

ReputationRep:
    i really feel for that guy.

there is nothing worse than being around someone who is constantly crying and moaning. He is not your boyfriend so why should he care less about your problems. You are only going to drive him away if you carry on like that.

cheer up or stay away from him... turn to your friends if you really feel the need to whine at someone.

ReputationRep:
    he sounds like a complete ****

ReputationRep:
    he sounds like the reason you're feeling low. get rid of him and find a guy who will treat you right. yes it can get annoying when someones down all the time, but if you really care about them then you'll try and help, not make them feel worse.

(Original post by cheeseinthedraw)
    i really feel for that guy.

there is nothing worse than being around someone who is constantly crying and moaning.
    i agree, but i am not someone who is generally like that! even he has said as much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nfixlol)
    he sounds like a complete ****
    this

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a complete ****. Unless you're constantly moping (which I doubt you are), he should at least be a friend enough to comfort you - or at least try to comfort you - when you're upset.

I'd leave him. If you say he has depressive tendencies, it could be that he doesn't want to carry your problems on top of his own.

ReputationRep:
    you need someone who's supportive, not this tosser.

ReputationRep:
    The guy sounds like an utter ****.

If my g/f was ever that upset i'd hope she'd be able to come to me and tell me about it. I can tell you for a fact i'd go out of my way to cheer her up or resolve the issue.
    I certainly wouldn't mock???

If I were you, I'd tell him to poke it up his arse and find yourself someone who knows how to treat a woman.

ReputationRep:
    Leave him. You should never be with a guy who puts you down.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.