Turn on thread page Beta

If you could make three things in the world free for everyone, which would you pick? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeffercake)
    Tampons.

Chocolate.

Shoes.

This, pretty much only this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeffercake)
    Tampons.

Chocolate.

Shoes.
    Those are exactly the things i was going to say!

ReputationRep:
    Food, books, healthcare.

ReputationRep:
    Water, health care and education. I see I'm not the only one who thought that

ReputationRep:
    to be honest i cant help but think that this would cause a global meltdown... in a fantasy world i would say healthy foods such as meat vegetables and basic diet staples, housing and renewable energy

but in the real world... i would make nothing free. maybe lower the cost slightly

ReputationRep:
    Food, healthcare, education.

Also considered housing

ReputationRep:
    Interesting that some think that books should be free - why? Does this freedom stretch to all books, or to ones for educational purposes?

Based on the idea that quite a lot of books are out there and purchased as sources of entertainment for their audiences, could you not also argue that all music, for instance, should be free too?

lol at those talking about chocolate and cola! Surely these two are things you can't live without, rather than things that all of the world should have free and unlimited access to!! lol, they are rather good though

What about cake? Come on, all cake should be free? :P

I think if I was to volunteer three, I'd go for free drinking water, free education at all levels, and free communication (I'm talking more about things like texts, phonecalls, letters etc rather than emails, which are obviously free anyway! :P ) anywhere in the world. I wasn't completely convinced that sanitation is something we all consciously/directly pay for? You need to be careful that you don't turn your three choices into a "three things I'd do to heal the world!" manifesto!!

That comment also applies to whoever said that "freedom of opinion" would be a suitable choice - I may be wrong, but I'm not aware of there being any situation where people are having to pay money to give a free opinion? That's a human right, not something you pay for! Happily, many countries in the world have the freedom of speech - but in those who sadly still don't, I wouldn't have thought that you're able to get around that by paying someone a buck or two? Maybe I'm naive! :P

Ultimately, having an opinion doesn't cost money, so that's not one I'd personally go for when I've got only three choices - but others may disagree, and I shall respect their view!

mr_m

PS - Daniella (#25) - surely the extent of any 'global meltdown' would be entirely dependent on the choices you made? Why would things like free drinking water and free education cause global meltdown? Free chocolate would probably cause a major obesity epidemic, but you could argue that certain things should be free in this modern world where everything seems to have a price!

ReputationRep:
    1.Combustible fuel
    2.Food
    3.guns

Education, books, an internet connection.

ReputationRep:
    Healthcare
    Education
    Food/Water

ReputationRep:
    Love, hugs and Starbucks. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    food e.g through farming i.e having the right equipment to grow your own food
    clean water
    education inc. uni

ReputationRep:
    health education transport

ReputationRep:
    Cant be arsed with an overly constructive answer.

Education
    Tampons
    Condoms

ReputationRep:
    healthcare.
    education
    xbox live.

ReputationRep:
    money

ReputationRep:
    Freedom, in the classical/negative sense. x3

& nothing else.

ReputationRep:
    Food, education, safety

ReputationRep:
    designer clothes
    food
    education

ReputationRep:
    Scrap my previous answer -- drugs, sex and rock and roll! :awesome:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.