Turn on thread page Beta

The problem with our welfare state watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KMrJGz3EIg

ReputationRep:
    They really need to bring in the death penalty for watching Jeremy Kyle, it would rid the country of so many problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy the Anarchist)
    They really need to bring in the death penalty for watching Jeremy Kyle, it would rid the country of so many problems.
    Watching Jeremy Kyle makes me want to kill myself.

ReputationRep:
    The funny thing is, that lad is probably the kind of person who blames immigrants for all of his problems and incidently supports the BNP.

He reminds me of neccesarily benevolent :holmes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Im not pro-American policy of 'no work then thats your problem' but i think we have got to a stage in Britain where its pretty ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Seen it before. He's a right tosser but I'm sure getting £75 every two weeks makes him happy.

ReputationRep:
    I saw in the papers the other day about a woman who was 40, had three kids by three different fathers and had been on benefits since she was 17. And these are the people the left bleat and weep about, and then point fingers at the 'nasty capitalist' as the cause of their problems.

ReputationRep:
    I love this spoof video though, pretty much summarises my feelings towards Jeremy Kyle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZb9-7i-ncc&feature=fvw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeolus)
    The funny thing is, that lad is probably the kind of person who blames immigrants for all of his problems and incidently supports the BNP.

He reminds me of neccesarily benevolent :holmes:
    Haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    Im not pro-American policy of 'no work then thats your problem' but i think we have got to a stage in Britain where its pretty ridiculous.
    Same. I think we should have stricter guidelines for applying for benefits and strictier punishments for fraud and failing.

ReputationRep:
    Jeremy Kyle *shudders*

Perhaps the government could devote greater attention however, to tax cheats as opposed to benefit fraudsters. Withholding money is made all the worse when you have no need to in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    I had to go on incapacity benefits last year and I hated it despite having paid National Insurance for 5 years and actually deserving it. I stopped recieving it as soon as a could go back to work, even though it was about 1/4 of the money and they are still sending me letters trying to give me more money. I keep ringing them telling them that I don't want the money but it's no wonder we have scum cheating off the state when it's so easy. I know people will argue and say how there's no jobs because of the recession but there's plenty of litter all over the streets - give 'em a brush and send them out on the streets.

ReputationRep:
    As I am effectively paying for people on jobseekers allowance through my income tax, I feel like I should have some say in what they do with their time. Maybe they could do the jobs that people who are at work don't have time to do. Like mowing the lawn, or re-painting their front door. I think there are some people on jobseekers who wouldn't mind as they genuinly want to do something and are probably bored stiff sitting at home watching Jeremy Kyle.
    I am also of the opinion that if someone can't get paid work they could at least work for a charity in the interim especially if it wouldn't cost anything to do. People could make themselves more employable and boost their self esteem at the same time as helping people in need of their time.

ReputationRep:
    How sad.

ReputationRep:
    All the unemployed to wind up wind up radios for the exclusive use of taxpayers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    Personally, I think we should just cut off the money after 4-6 months, whether they've found a job or not. Why should some people work to the bone to pay for people who can't be bothered and just sit around all day?

ReputationRep:
    I think this shows the problem with our society, some people are ok with sponging and not trying to get an education. Its not fair that people who work or need money etc are short becuase of attitudes like that. More than anything people like that really humiliate Britain, what an existence.

ReputationRep:
    It needs to be fixed, our benefit system is far too generous.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.