Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

18 yo male and a virgin - is this a problem? Watch

I'm 18 male and a virgin (like the title says) and want to know if this is a problem. Have I already missed out on so much in life? I hear of so many people who've done it and lost their virginity ages ago and I feel really bad that I haven't yet. Is there some major problem with me?

I'm going to university this year so is it conceivable that things could change?

ReputationRep:
    You're only 18, it's perfectly normal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Is there some major problem with me?
    No. Why don't people search before making these threads?

I'm 18 male and a virgin (like the title says) and want to know if this is a problem. Have I already missed out on so much in life? I hear of so many people who've done it and lost their virginity ages ago and I feel really bad that I haven't yet. Is there some major problem with me?

I'm going to university this year so is it conceivable that things could change?
    Don't worry! I'm 19 and I was a virgin a couple of months ago, so I know how you feel.. Yet, verybody has his own tempo and by no means you should be stressed and do sth you don't want just due to peer and society pressure...

(Original post by Sam...)
    No. Why don't people search before making these threads?
    You've got a point here...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by God of War)
    What are you waiting for? http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...s/rolleyes.gif
    You aren't right! Many people are not ready and it's normal! It's a hormonic process to an extent, you know, so his hormones may not jave hit red yet :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dimitris)
    You aren't right! Many people are not ready and it's normal! It's a hormonic process to an extent, you know, so his hormones may not jave hit red yet :p:
    I know I was being sarcastic. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I have a feeling its going to be one of those days where every thread is started by a virign :p:

ReputationRep:
    **** no.

ReputationRep:
    no its not a problem, and your a **** for thinking that its a problem

ReputationRep:
    perfectly normal! Stop worrying and enjoy life! x

(Original post by Magners Pear)
    perfectly normal! Stop worrying and enjoy life! x
    have you got proof it's perfectly normal?

ReputationRep:
    LOL!

ReputationRep:
    there's at least one thread a day started by people because they haven't lost their virginity and they think they're abnormal.. most of them older than 18.

i didn't lose mine til i was 19 and some of my friends still haven't..

ReputationRep:
    No this isn't normal

The social norm is to lose it around the age of 9 or 10 ain't it?

ReputationRep:
    Someone should just make one of these a damn sticky seriously...

ReputationRep:
    Oooh man yeah, that's a major problem, you are an absolute freak. Consider your life over. I mean 18? damn! Most people lose theirs around 15 MAXIUM. Poor you. I guess you should give up on life all together now. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    If I see another virgin thread today I'm going to scream.

ReputationRep:

Im 17 and still a virgin, starting uni in september toooo. I always worry about not being normal and stuffffff, but look at how many virgin discussion things are on here, we are definately normal x

ReputationRep:
    For the last flipping time lol, yes it is perfectly normal. Can someone sticky a notice saying:

"SERIOUSLY, IT IS FINE BEING A VIRGIN."

JESUS.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.