Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

18 yo male and a virgin - is this a problem? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you are ******* fine, now **** off.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you will be alone for the rest of your life.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm 18 male and a virgin (like the title says) and want to know if this is a problem. Have I already missed out on so much in life? I hear of so many people who've done it and lost their virginity ages ago and I feel really bad that I haven't yet. Is there some major problem with me?

I'm going to university this year so is it conceivable that things could change?
    I'm going to be 18 in 2 weeks and I'm still a virgin, so I'm waiting till it hits me lol. Unless I suddenly gain a burst confidence and a bunch of friends in the next 4 days.

When I was younger, around 14, I was always like "I'm going to have sex when I'm 17 or 18". :rolleyes:

So I guess I'll be alright with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    The social norm is to lose it around the age of 9 or 10 ain't it?
    It seems near to where I live if you're not a parent at 13 then you're a disgrace I'm 18 and I'm not yet a parent so I have to watch out for the death squads :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm 18 male and a virgin (like the title says) and want to know if this is a problem. Have I already missed out on so much in life? I hear of so many people who've done it and lost their virginity ages ago and I feel really bad that I haven't yet. Is there some major problem with me?

I'm going to university this year so is it conceivable that things could change?
    If losing your virginity is really important to you at this stage, perhaps you ought to consider sorting out your priorities a bit. Shouldn't you be worried about sorting yourself out before going to university, reading and making sure you know your stuff?
    And for the record, NO, it doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    Its inconceivable that things will change.

I mean what s ******* stupid thread. Any chance you can **** off and stop causing me to rant at the stupidity of people on this damn site?

I leave for 3 weeks and the whole place becomes this dull crock of ****. Please people try and maintain standards.

ReputationRep:

I know exactly how you feel mate, I felt I had missed out on loads and that every girl would judge me for my lack of experience and would cut lose as soon as she found out I was a virgin.
    Because (most) girls actually dislike virgins and avoid them, it seemed like the problem would get worse and worse as you get older and less acceptable and more of a turn off for any potential partner.

Just wait till find someone you trust, someone who will understand that you don't have experience and will 'train you up'. If you find someone like that, then you'll 'catch up' on what you've missed and be fine. 18 is really not that old, honestly. I didn't lose it till I was 20 and people weren't that shocked by it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    If I see another virgin thread today I'm going to scream.
    No offence but you are going to scream a lot...

Spoiler:
    Show
    You probably already do in bed...:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I'm a 17 year old female virgin. I think virgins are cool cos we're more "pure", and we're not getting STDs and such. I've only ever had one boyfriend, when I was 16, and I kinda wanted to sleep with him, but anyway things didn't work out and we broke up. I feel a bit jealous of my friend who is the same age as me and been with her boyf for over two years, and they have done absolutely everything (if you know what I mean), but she tells me to stop worrying cos I'm still young and I'll find someone eventually. So, you know, you being a virgin isn't bad, and if you haven't found that special someone in college/sixth form/wherever, you'll more than likely find someone in uni, which is what I'll try. Hope that helped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshleyT)
    Someone should just make one of these a damn sticky seriously...
    THIS

ReputationRep:
    What the ****?
    You're a virgn at 18?
    Good Christ.
    My God.

Aside from the fact that you can't use the search option, shut up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puakenikeni)
    I'm a 17 year old female virgin. I think virgins are cool cos we're more "pure", and we're not getting STDs and such. I've only ever had one boyfriend, when I was 16, and I kinda wanted to sleep with him, but anyway things didn't work out and we broke up. I feel a bit jealous of my friend who is the same age as me and been with her boyf for over two years, and they have done absolutely everything (if you know what I mean), but she tells me to stop worrying cos I'm still young and I'll find someone eventually. So, you know, you being a virgin isn't bad, and if you haven't found that special someone in college/sixth form/wherever, you'll more than likely find someone in uni, which is what I'll try. Hope that helped.

Let's not beat around the bush here...you could have saved time by writing "I'm an ugly virgin"

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Of course there is nothing wrong there.

And btw, there is a fairly decent chance you will lose it within the next year due to uni and all.

ReputationRep:
    Virgins are missing out on so much pie and gravy.

don't worry im 18 and still a virgin. was close to not being one but im glad i still am. wait for the right person

ReputationRep:
    Ffs no it's not a problem, how many more of these?!?!

(Original post by Rizzletastic)
    Of course there is nothing wrong there.

And btw, there is a fairly decent chance you will lose it within the next year due to uni and all.
    are you serious? I would love to lose my virginity asap.

ReputationRep:
    This has been done to death now , it's perfectly fine being a virgin at 18.

\thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puakenikeni)
    I'm a 17 year old female virgin. I think virgins are cool cos we're more "pure", and we're not getting STDs and such.
    As opposed to the dirty and impure people who have sex? :rolleyes:
    Another reason being a virgin is cool is that you can see unicorns...

ReputationRep:
    are you serious? I would love to lose my virginity asap.
    Well it's not gonna dent your chances anyway.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.