Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

i wanted to know how much maths is there in chemical engineering, and in what type of problems are we going to use maths ie. how is maths employed in such problems?, moreover, is it easy to solve such type of problems or no?

provide me with as much information as possible!!!!!!!!!

thank u

ReputationRep:
    remember engineering is basically applied maths.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much... a lot of maths, otherwise just apply for pure Chemistry

ReputationRep:
    ChemEng seems to have the hardest maths out of all engineering degrees (don't quote me on this, like, at all). Not sure about content - open days I went to said ChemEng was 8/10ths maths.

ReputationRep:
    maths is a must, you do a lot with matrices, differentiation, integration, etc.

ReputationRep:
    crap!!!!
    LOADS OF MATHS!!!???
    i suck at math...
    planning to do chem.eng at manchester 2010!!!
    anyone who was/is a chem.eng student,would love to hear from u!

ReputationRep:
    you are Fu**** f you dont like maths. Chemical engineering probably has the hardest maths out of all the engineering disciplines. It's pretty much an applied maths degree with a bit of chemistry and physics thrown in. GOOD job prospects though loads of chemical engineers make it to the top of companies. I'm studying chemistry and none have made it. Chemical engineers get paid loads, whereas the only money for chemists is in getting a PHD or becoming an accountant lol.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 5, 2013
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.