Turn on thread page Beta

Commuting London Students Unite! watch

• View Poll Results: Is it wrong that TfL put back travel cards on Adult Oyster Cards and not Student ones
    YES! thats age-ism
    100.00%
    NO, too bad!
    0%
    I don't care! I don't have to commute!
    0%

ReputationRep:
    Alrite ... here's the issue. I had my oyster card stolen from me a week ago :bawling:

Okay, it wasnt that bad. I cancelled that one got a new student oyster card at the same time, and tried asking the TfL people to put back the remainder of the travelcards time left onto the new one. But, they only do that for Adult Oyster cards which are stolen or lost.

This must be a problem for all Londoners commuting to and from uni in London. Clearly, we're not given halls as easily, so a lot of us have to commute.

And the amount of people commuting, I'm sure that there must be more than just me commuting per year who has their card lost/stolen?!?

Sooo, if they can do it for ADULTS. Sort it out for STUDENTS too!

Otherwise we're gonna be losing out because the cash refunded takes a lot of time to come through, and is nowhere near as worthwile as a annual travelcard!

What are your opinions? ...

ReputationRep:
    Something suspicious here
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...9#post20111599

Create a petition on facebook.

ReputationRep:
    yeh, this seems like the most appropriate area for discussion.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.