Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    think i slept funny, but for past 2 days neck on one side/shoulder hursts so bad? painkillers not workin?! any idea how much longer this is gonna last/advice?

ReputationRep:
    heat

ReputationRep:
    Does it click?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    Does it click?
    nope

ReputationRep:
    what pain killers did you try?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grantrough)
    what pain killers did you try?
    anadin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma t)
    anadin
    Well as long as you don't have asthma or stomach problems, you should try ibuprofen 400mg three times a day. Make sure you take them after food as it can irritate the stomach. You could also try heat (as is mentioned earlier).

Seeing as you woke up with it, it shouldn't be serious, but if it hasn't eased off in a few days, consult your GP

ReputationRep:
    think i slept funny, but for past 2 days neck on one side/shoulder hursts so bad? painkillers not workin?! any idea how much longer this is gonna last/advice?
    You sound like me, I've had it for about 3 days. It hurts my back and neck when I move my head or lift my arms. I think it's whiplash.

You have to continually exercise your neck, even if it hurts a little. This website has information on how you can exercise your neck: http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/diseases/facts/whiplash.htm

ReputationRep:
    OP have you tried deep heat or rub?
    • Section Leader
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    :nospam:

Cut it out this person is posting something very different to neckclicker posts and wants helpful advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CapturedSoul)
    You sound like me, I've had it for about 3 days. It hurts my back and neck when I move my head or lift my arms. I think it's whiplash.

You have to continually exercise your neck, even if it hurts a little. This website has information on how you can exercise your neck: http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/diseases/facts/whiplash.htm
    All you know is that Emma T has Neck Pain.....I wouldn't go assuming it is whiplash. Just before Emma goes over exercising her neck and potentially making her symptoms worse.

ReputationRep:
    Does it hurt more when you turn your head 1 way more then the other? If it does you've got a trapped nerv which is a ***** to get rid of!

Best way is take iboprophen (Spelling? :P) every 4 hours and try to slowly twist your neck with putting pressure on the 1 spot. I've had it a few times and it KILLS! Quote me if it's this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grantrough)
    All you know is that Emma T has Neck Pain.....I wouldn't go assuming it is whiplash. Just before Emma goes over exercising her neck and potentially making her symptoms worse.
    I was only suggesting it because I have similar pains from sleeping funny, like Emma said.

ReputationRep:
    just rest your back it will go after a day or so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)

Cut it out this person is posting something very different to neckclicker posts and wants helpful advice.
    Anywhere on any internet forum wheres the words "neck" and "pain" are in the title, people assume the neckclicker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xiah)
    Does it hurt more when you turn your head 1 way more then the other? If it does you've got a trapped nerv which is a ***** to get rid of!

Best way is take iboprophen (Spelling? :P) every 4 hours and try to slowly twist your neck with putting pressure on the 1 spot. I've had it a few times and it KILLS! Quote me if it's this.
    Well no, not really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xiah)

great! lol yep hurts when i turn my neck to the left only got anadin, wnt bother takin that again as makes no difference

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    Does it click?
    Why what does that mean, because my does that?

ReputationRep:
    great! lol yep hurts when i turn my neck to the left only got anadin, wnt bother takin that again as makes no difference
    If you put pressure on the main part (Use 2 fingers) can you turn your head? If you can then keep doing it slowly and try to release the pressure when you try to turn your head back around (To going straight) and it should eventually get better. If it's a trapped nerv that is! ha

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.