Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've just completed my AS and now I've got A2 coursework to do during the summer holidays but I don't see the point in starting it if I end up failing my AS. What should I do? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    You should do it to the best you can, if you have failed you can resit, and a good coursework may give you the few extra marks you need for the next grade. What do you gain from putting in no effort, what if you get really bad coursework but have done well, then you go down a grade?

Best thing to do, spend lots of time getting it as good as you can, if you didnt do aswell as you hoped resit, at least you will have the cw out of the way. Im sure you did fine anyway :yep:

Jonny

ReputationRep:
    Just do it, and do it well!
    Then if u havent failed you dont have to worry.

What grade do u think youve got?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    coursework is very easy marks especially at A2 level and you can always retake the AS ones.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure what grade I've got, but I really hope I passed and thanks for the advice people. I know A2 is hard, are you sure the cw is easy though? I thought it would be really hard.

ReputationRep:
    CW is usually easier than the exams (not always for everyone), so you should try and get the best marks you can in the coursework, then it won't matter as much if you slip up a bit in the exam. It also takes some pressure off and you won't feel like your whole A level is hanging on you doing well in the exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sara_1992_17)
    I'm not sure what grade I've got, but I really hope I passed and thanks for the advice people. I know A2 is hard, are you sure the cw is easy though? I thought it would be really hard.
    Coursework is generally easier as you can do it in your own time with no pressure, also you can talk to teachers get it marked etc. In terms of the content usually it is fairly simple it is your analytical skills coursework examins, whereas the exam is a knowledge test.

ReputationRep:
    No way!? Surely it's just planning...and that's the absoulte max input.

There's no need until you start A2. Well, no one I knew did.

ReputationRep:
    c/w is easier than the exams but that's only because the exams are much harder at A2 than at AS anyway. In no way is coursework *easy*, I must have gone through atleast 4 drafts before I was sure of a decent A.

ReputationRep:
    Do the coursework to the best quality you can. You are not 100% sure of what your results are and you may end up keeping the subject.

ReputationRep:
    Do it, especially if you needed those few marks to get to the next grade:yes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.