Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anonymous or delete

Ok. So you're in a relationship with someone
    and they wont you to act like you're not even together,
    well literally just make sure no one knows that you two are together.

Would you be happy with this?
    Many people are like I want to make our love open etc etc
    so how would you respond to someone telling you to keep quiet about the relationship you are in.

ReputationRep:
    I would ask why they want me to keep quiet.

I doubt i'd be happy with it though.

ReputationRep:
    I would have a problem with the fact that i would need to be kept quiet, if there was a reasonable reason, i would try and understand. However i think it would make me think that the person isnt that into the relationship.

ReputationRep:
    Get a plane, skywrite your love over their house, then see how they react.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouLou815)
    I would ask why they want me to keep quiet.

I doubt i'd be happy with it though.
    Agree with this. I do :yes:

ReputationRep:
    No, I'd wouldnt be particularly happy about that. I would want to know why and expect there to be a bloody good reason for it!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's something to do with your English skills. But if she wants you to pretend you're not in a relationship, then do it. Then, if you get up to mischief, say you were only doing what she asked.

Or you could just dump the silly woman now and get on with your life. You're up to your neck in girls at uni. If you're going to tie yourself to just one, make sure she's a good quality woman. Which this idiot girl clearly isn't.

ReputationRep:
    The Upper Class do not convey emotions such as this.

ReputationRep:
    it depends the reasons for them wanting to keep it hush hush.
    either they are a very private person and i guess i would have to respect that if i really liked them
    OR
    They were embarrassed to be with me in which case i'd ask them why are they with me in the first place ?! and then tell them where to stick it :-)

ReputationRep:
    :erm: I would NOT be happy, I'd assume he was keeping something from me not to want anyone else to know about the relationship.

ReputationRep:
    I'd have a problem with it, i'd talk to them about it, and if they were still determined to keep it hush hush, i'd leave them.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they're on the run. Only trying to keep you safe from the FBI or vampires or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    I would find it slightly strange and want to know why.

But if I had really strong feelings for her, I don't think it'd be a reason to break up with her.

ReputationRep:
    why would he want to keep things quiet? I'd think that he's up to something to be honest, so I'd definitely talk to him about it, or you're not going to be happy...
    And unless he can come up with a reasonable explanation, I'd finish with him in my opinion...

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the reasoning behind it, but I'd think it was a little odd tbh.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.