Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Fortunately I wasn't able to apply for MSc in Int. Health Policy (Health Economics) until the 24th of June and now I am placed on a reserve list. I have two questions in that regard:

1)As far as I can see does the reserve list (contrary to the waiting list) first come in to action when the quota is reached? Does this means that all pending applications moves to the reserve list when the course has reached its quota? Does the department consider the applications in the order they come in (in a strictly sense)?
    2)I know it’s properly impossible to answer this question: Does anybody have an estimate of the probability of acceptance when placed on reserve list? (specifically to MSc Int. Health Policy or generally for MSc courses)

/A waiting, nervous Dane

ReputationRep:
    Obviously I have no answer for your second question. I have, too, been placed in the reserve group for MPA EPEP. As for your first question, the waiting and reserve lists are totally different. The former includes students who may have applied early in the process but the admission officers were in doubt about their admissibility. So, they would place them in the waiting list and wait for further applications to arrive and see whether they were better than the one placed in the waiting list. The latter includes strong candidates whose applications arrived at the department after the program has reached its quota. They are strong candidates who, if they had applied earlier, would have probably been admitted. This list is not ranked in any order. The department will re-consider all the applications on the list and select those who are most suitable, according to the places that have become available.

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone who know what to expect regarding when a final decision will be made? On the application tracker they state: "You will be notified of a final decision by the 30 July 2009 at the latest", but recently I have received a letter where stating that "you will receive a final decision as to whether a place is to be made available from August 17th onwards"

ReputationRep:
    You'd better call them tomorrow to find out. I will do so tomorrow as well if my status does not change.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 29, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.