Turn on thread page Beta

Am I too young for him? watch

ReputationRep:
    If you like him then I say go for it =) it doesnt matter how old he is really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 300mg)
    He's too old for you and frankly it's a bit weird that a 22 year old man is considering 16 year old girls.

You have to ask yourself, why doesn't he go for girls his own age?
    He has gone for girls his age in the past but Tbh when I meet people I don't think about their age.. Age is just a number and doesn't tell you much about a person..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolution is my Name)
    22/ 2 = 11
    11 + 7 = 18
    Sorry
    Sorry, whaat?
    why are you adding 7?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Emma_xo)
    Sorry, whaat?
    why are you adding 7?
    stupid equation dictating the youngest age somebody can date - ignore it, it means nothing. Only people on TSR seem to harp on about it. It's very immature.

edit : it's half your age (well in this case half the bloke's age) plus 7 in case you were wondering, but like I said, it's idiotic.

ReputationRep:
    I just found out that the other day after work, he went to talk to my dad to tell him that he really liked me and ask him if he could take me out on a date one day.
    Lol,this seems quite old fashioned... "sir may I have your daughters hand in marriage" http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/p.gif

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorty.loves.angels)
    With being 16 it might be weird for your parents who will always see you as a child http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...s/rolleyes.gif

But in all honesty, it depends on YOU TWO. You could be just right for each other, or you could be way too immature for him, or even him for you!! But it depends on people not age...
    Is the spelling of Bachelor in your sig intentional?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    yes you are.

but ultimately its your call.

I too would question how great any 22 year old is who wants to go out with 16 year olds.

ReputationRep:
    I don't doubt that you're a really lovley, mature 16 year old and all that, but I can't help thinking "what does this 'lovely guy, funny, good looking, like everything I would look for' 22 year old want with a 16 year old?". I don't buy the true love, soulmate crap.

Think about the position you're putting your dad in, does it seem fair for you to put your dad through this for a fling with an older man (I'm not going to entertain any hopes you might have about this being 'the one'!)? Your dad has to work with this guy and can't just sack him for cheating on his daughter, so how would you feel then?

But who knows, maybe you'll get married and skip off into the sunset together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voudreau)
    Lol,this seems quite old fashioned... "sir may I have your daughters hand in marriage" http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/p.gif
    haha lets not go that far! Its just that my dad wouldn't be happy at all if he just found going out together specially as there is such an age gap. and he kinda looks up to my dad aswell cos he's known him for so long and he is his boss. Also shows he is not like other guys and isn't just after a bit of fun from a younger girl or whatever..

ReputationRep:
    I think it might be a little bit of an age difference, for example he might like to go to clubs and bars etc where you may not get in. But your both over the age of consent to it is perfectly legal and fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.)
    In My Opinion IMO
    what he said :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesty)
    what he said :P
    This

ReputationRep:
    He has gone for girls his age in the past but Tbh when I meet people I don't think about their age.. Age is just a number and doesn't tell you much about a person..
    Well age does tell you a good bit about the person. Someone that age will be much more mature, have much greater expectations and have more life experience than a 16 year old.

ReputationRep:
    haha lets not go that far! Its just that my dad wouldn't be happy at all if he just found going out together specially as there is such an age gap. and he kinda looks up to my dad aswell cos he's known him for so long and he is his boss. Also shows he is not like other guys and isn't just after a bit of fun from a younger girl or whatever..
    Yeh, you both seem pretty mature about the whole thing so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Just keep an eye on guys your own age too because he may not go through with it - because of your dad etc. I know people who have done similar things but he will get ripped by his mates for it http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...milies/yep.gif

ReputationRep:
    It does seem too much of a gap. I've dated people who are 5 and 7 years older than me, and they were difficult. After a while they ended up treating me like a child who needed looking after.

ReputationRep:
    When I was 16 I dated a 20 year old and it was the worst mistake of my life. He was a controlling, manipulative psychopath and any girls his age were sensible enough to steer well clear. I thought he had pretty eyes though, and good bye 8 months of my life.

Of course, everyone's different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    It does seem too much of a gap. I've dated people who are 5 and 7 years older than me, and they were difficult. After a while they ended up treating me like a child who needed looking after.
    Or they stop seeing you as a cute young thing and start feeling that you're a pain in the ass.

Don't forget, this guy has been able to drink in a pub with his girl friends for the last 4 years. Now he's got to wait another 2.

Good luck though OP, it could just be difficult that's all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0obrighteyeso0)
    Or they stop seeing you as a cute young thing and start feeling that you're a pain in the ass.

Don't forget, this guy has been able to drink in a pub with his girl friends for the last 4 years. Now he's got to wait another 2.

Good luck though OP, it could just be difficult that's all.
    Oi, I wasn't 'a pain in the ass'. I was just young and because they had lived more they thought I was naive, and naive people need to be guided.

But yeah, the drink thing is an issue, even if you don't think it is.

ReputationRep:
    Its your choice entillally, but make sure its really what you want. A close friend of mine got with her BF when she was 16 and he was 23... They do suit each other but it was still wierd at the time and still is 2bh. If we go out and he is there, he does stand out abit and where as my mate is thinking about uni and doing well in her A levels, he has finished his teacher training and looking for a job... If you really like the guy then give it ago, but dont let him hold you back or baby you too much x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    Oi, I wasn't 'a pain in the ass'. I was just young and because they had lived more they thought I was naive, and naive people need to be guided.

But yeah, the drink thing is an issue, even if you don't think it is.
    Haha sorry, wasn't a personal attack.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.