Turn on thread page Beta

Am I too young for him? watch

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend's 8 years older than me, and we've been together a long time now. It doesn't matter! If you get along you get along, and you shouldn't waste that because of an insignificant number.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really think it's too big an age gap, as long as you are quite mature. I think you should go for it.

One of my best friends is 17 and going out with a 24 year old, and it's absolutely fine, as long as you're mature enough.

Just don't expect too much from it :s

ReputationRep:
    I'd say he's too old for you, due to the whole maturity level.

ReputationRep:
    imo, do what you feel is best.
    sounds like you and him get on well, and your dad likes him too.

so what he's 22.
    does is really matter how old people are?
    after all it's the person you have a relationship with, not there age.

go for it

you'll just question yourself about it later if you don't give it a go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azhao)
    Is the spelling of Bachelor in your sig intentional?
    **** didn't notice that lol. Thanks! :bigsmile:

ReputationRep:
    Who gives a sh*t about the age gap - just because someone is 22 it doesnt make them out of bounds. It legal and if you get on well whats the problem? There are many people in their 20s who havn't fully grown up yet.

Elvis met his wife when he was 24 and she was 14. Jonathan Roass was 26 when he started a relationship with his wife who was 16.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else thinking "Pigeon Detectives?"

ReputationRep:
    Go for it if you really like him. Your dad doesn't seem to mind and he was nice enough to ask him first.
    If it doesn't work out because of age or for any other reason, what's the big deal?! Do you think all the people in this thread telling you not to try/that it won't work out are still with their first boy/girlfriends? :rolleyes:
    Live for yourself, not for the opinion of others. Live your life to the fullest and go for the things the might make you happy, especially when they're perfectly legal. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.)
    How many time's have i said this before...?

You have one life, live it.

Do what you feel like and forget what anyone else thinks.

The only thing is, when you're young. love seems more real and you fall in and out all too easily. Beware.
    This. Couldn't have said it better myself! This is the philosophy I pretty much live by

ReputationRep:
    i think is not too much different s. go ur own way.

ReputationRep:
    6 years is not too bad normally

But you're 16, dating someone at 22 is too much in my opinion, being 21 myself there is no way I would date someone under 18

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellieg33)
    This. Couldn't have said it better myself! This is the philosophy I pretty much live by
    High Five baby! *does a hi five*

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.