Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do shoes make a freaking difference Watch

ReputationRep:
    OK so the other night I was in this club and this girl came up to me and said:
    "Do you have a girlfriend, (I said 'yeah') OK then... don't take this the wrong way, but you look really cool and everything, cute, but your shoes let you down" or something like that.

Its bugged me a bit since then they were black Ben Sherman shoes, I was wearing very dark blue jeans and a flannel shirt. + She clearly wouldn't have said no.

Anyway the moral of the story is girls do shoes make a difference when your looking at guys, or not?

ReputationRep:
    Well they're not the be all and end all but if you're wearing really stupid shoes then yes.

I mean, it's more likely to be "nice shoes, shame about the face" than "nice face, shame about the shoes".

ReputationRep:
    Girls are just obsessed with shoes and I really dont get why. I personally dont think they make the slighest bit of difference if your wearing jeans/trousers. Shorts or a skirt (in girls cases) then yes, you cant wear hulking boots but other than that it makes little difference to me.

Actually, heels make girls legs look hot...

ReputationRep:
    i get put off if a guy wears shoes that i don't like. i can't explain it.

that being said, i don't really like any of my boyfriend's shoes.

- no thank you

ReputationRep:
    Bad trainers = MASSIVE turn off.

ReputationRep:
    flannel shirts on guys are so sexy :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Ferdi)
    Anyway the moral of the story is girls do shoes make a difference when your looking at guys, or not?
    They make a difference to me. But then, I take the whole 'look' into consideration. I like a guy that makes an effort to have some style.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a sucker for a bloke in high heels.

ReputationRep:
    They make a very small bit of difference. Actually, no. I don't think I generally notice guys' shoes in clubs. :dontknow: If it was a date or something though, then yes, I'd notice and how he's dressed in general would make a (bit of) difference.

ReputationRep:
    Don't get involved with girls shallow enough to actually care about shoes. It'd be more fun entering a relationship with a velociraptor.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. It can ruin a look.

I don't understand how some guys dress well yet wear such awful shoes. At least if they wore pumps it would look miles better than these buggers;

Yes I have seen someone wear a similar pair. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    who the hell goes around looking at peoples feet anyway?
    aslong as they arent really stupid why does it matter so much?

ReputationRep:
    No. girls like to think they do, but they don't..

ReputationRep:
    I don't like guys who wear trainers. especially ones that look proper sporty, unless they are very streamline looking.

ReputationRep:
    Whats the general consensus (from a girl's point of view) on suede pumps?...

ReputationRep:
    well if you've got crap shoes... or no shoes on then it might make a difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rimipie)
    flannel shirts on guys are so sexy :coma:
    I'm sorry, but they are just really unsuitable footwear.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.
    What do you girls like to see on a guys feet? It sounds like trainers are not very popular.

ReputationRep:
    Up until recently I wore ugly walking shoes almost everywhere. Then I went an got myself a pair of Vans, and, the second I got back to my halls, the comments were overwhelmingly positive. I'm suprised people even noticed them, but they did, and almost everyone made sure to comment.

Shoes will make a difference. Even if minor.

ReputationRep:
    If brad pitt was wearing one of those giant plug-in slipper things i don't think anyone would say no...it only matters if you're shallow, after all, the Kray twins wore nice shoes but you wouldn't wanna take them home to meet the parents:eek:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.