Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamWalsh)
    Shut up **** stick... Stuck in your heated home whilst young ones are bein killed for your sake. I hate elitists and here's a prime example as to why that is so.
    A very sad story, however the man speaks the truth, he did have bad spelling, Cyrus actually made a joke about his spelling in his letter.

But i do suppose that if isomeone points out facts it DOES make them an elitist.

RIP

ReputationRep:
    that made me cry before i'd even got to his open upon death letter, so so sad. i am so proud of soldiers fighting, not proud there fighting but the fact they risk there lives for us.
    argh, its such a waist of his life though!
    i really feel for his familey!

ReputationRep:
    God, that's so sad!

RIP young man. I hope your appeal to your family works and they achieve great things thanks to you.

ReputationRep:
    Wow that was incredibly moving. I'm in tears! At least he sounded happy but it's a shame things are the way they are at the moment.

Wish I hadn't read that now, I feel all cold inside and sad

ReputationRep:
    Seems I'm insensitive as it didn't make me cry or close to it, but RIP.

ReputationRep:
    omg that was harrowing.

ReputationRep:
    I cried so so much reading that
    What a brave guy.
    RIP

ReputationRep:
    That made me cry a lot
    I dont think i would ever be brave enough to write such an inspirational open upon death letter
    RIP

ReputationRep:
    I hope this remains on track: memorial for those giving the ultimate sacrifice, and not the reasons they're over there.

RIP mate, God bless.

:top:

ReputationRep:
    Wow. What a brave guy, and at least he was prepared to die. I hope one day I feel the same validation and worthiness in my life.

ReputationRep:
    Awwwwch, that was so sad Some lad though, sounded great.
    A treasure to his parents and family, at least they know how much he loved them.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sitting here crying. He sounds amazing, and it's so sad he's gone.

ReputationRep:
    Too many people have tried to spoil this thread by posting an offensive or disrespectful piece of spam. If any more do so they will receive a very large warning.

ReputationRep:
    I have to say I was very near emotion when reading.

Indeed, a man of his country, his family and his friends.

A great loss.

ReputationRep:
    Touching letter.

ReputationRep:
    thats so sad. what a waste RIP Cyrus
    I pray to god i never have to read an open upon death letter.

ReputationRep:
    I saw this on another forum earlier, and considered reposting it here, but didn't because I didn't think it would receive the reaction I'd hope for. I'm glad to say I was wrong, and my faith in TSR has been restored, somewhat.

I'm not ashamed to say it got a wee bit dusty in FiveFiveSix's room when I first read that. What a stunning example of a brave and mature young man, and what a tragedy he is no longer with us. RIP.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to sound like a ******** but I'm surprised many of your TSR'ers cried when you read the letter. It didnt phase me at all.
    I do give my thoughts out to families who have lost their loved ones in the war. But sometimes I think about the chavs who used to break windows and cause violence in an area I used to live in, and then they decided to go to the army because they had nothing better to do and... arghhh!!! I'm not going to finish of this sentence....

Off course I really do respect the people who do go into the army and are decent people (like my friend who used to sit next to me in chemistry gcse is training to get into the army)

ReputationRep:
    Rip

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabed786)
    I'm going to sound like a ******** but I'm surprised many of your TSR'ers cried when you read the letter. It didnt phase me at all.
    I do give my thoughts out to families who have lost their loved ones in the war. But sometimes I think about the chavs who used to break windows and cause violence in an area I used to live in, and then they decided to go to the army because they had nothing better to do and... arghhh!!! I'm not going to finish of this sentence....

Off course I really do respect the people who do go into the army and are decent people (like my friend who used to sit next to me in chemistry gcse is training to get into the army)
    We know nothing of this guy's past. What we do know is that he died for our country at 19 so show some respect.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.