Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if someone could tell me which banks do these spring internships or is it too early to start thinking about this yet?

Also could anyone offer any tips on getting these spring internships?

(I'll be starting at the LSE in sept for Govt & Econ)

Thanks people!

Dwayne.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Carter)
    I was wondering if someone could tell me which banks do these spring internships or is it too early to start thinking about this yet?

Also could anyone offer any tips on getting these spring internships?

(I'll be starting at the LSE in sept for Govt & Econ)

Thanks people!

Dwayne.
    All of the major banks run these schemes, however they usually dedicate their efforts towards summer internship recruitment before even thinking about Spring 'interns'. I think when I was applying for 2007 Spring programs, I applied between November and December (though I only applied for 2). Basically, just sit back and chill for a bit - you're not even at uni yet and already thinking about applications :cool:! If you're at LSE I daresay you'll know about it when applications have opened.

In the time being, I know that quite a few banks run a summer/autumn 'insight day', which is for 1st/2nd years. Might be worth trawling the threads here or exploring the banks' websites for more information.

ReputationRep:
    great thanks loggins!

you wouldn't happen to know which banks to the autumn day ?

ReputationRep:
    Have a look here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...k#post19732122

And see you @ LSE

ReputationRep:
    ^^ this :P

ReputationRep:
    great thanks loggins!

you wouldn't happen to know which banks to the autumn day ?
    BarCap do, to name one...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah BarCap have a day in August and a day in September. You should send a cover letter and a CV to [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince of Zamunda)
    Don't worry, you'll know everything you need to when you get to LSE. Spring applications will become hallway banter.
    Unfortunately this is the case.

Meanwhile, you can just go to the bank's websites and start your own research into divisions and things you would be interested in. If you are very keen on IB, then spring interns are a very good spring board.

I am sure you will attend the spring intern talk held by some amazing students who are hell bent on getting into investment banking. Ask them anything and everything and you will be on your merry way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince of Zamunda)
    Don't worry, you'll know everything you need to when you get to LSE. Spring applications will become hallway banter.
    so true hahaha. just chill until sept and all will be will. word of advice from me is that take a day in sept, open up every app form and register - fill in all your grades thus far. you will be amazed at how much time it saves you come uni cos that stuff is so monotonous..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-bob)
    so true hahaha. just chill until sept and all will be will. word of advice from me is that take a day in sept, open up every app form and register - fill in all your grades thus far. you will be amazed at how much time it saves you come uni cos that stuff is so monotonous..
    And one piece of advice from me. Listen to everything this chap has to say about Spring Apps. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys!! keep any advice comming ! all very much appreciated.

At some of the banks you can already start an application... do you think i should start send my applications now or wait until i get to LSE so as to get good advice on how to fill out a good application (CV/cover letters bla bla)

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys!! keep any advice comming ! all very much appreciated.

At some of the banks you can already start an application... do you think i should start send my applications now or wait until i get to LSE so as to get good advice on how to fill out a good application (CV/cover letters bla bla)
    There's loads of workshops in the first term at LSE, from the careers service and the finance societies Woah I didn't even realise spring apps opened this early, tbh most of mine were prepared right at the end of term and then submitted over Christmas. They always look at summer intern apps first and then spring, so chances are if u submit early it won't make much of a difference. IIRC though, Morgan and Goldman both have running apps, so there may be a slight advantage of getting in early there, but I dnt really know.

Good luck anyhow Have u got an unconditional?

ReputationRep:
    I stand corrected! :p:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.