Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I met this guy when I was out the other weekend outside a club. He was very drunk, I was very sober. He asked for my number so I gave it to him and we got texting. He's 20, in the marines and I thought it was a little weird him being interested in a nearly 17-year old girl, but he seemed nice so I went with it.

Met up with him a week ago and we ended up kissing, he came to see me the other night as well and we just talked a lot and I quite like him. He's told me that things are over with his girlfriend, but not officially because they have things to sort out with a mortgage on their flat and stuff.

He's coming to see me tonight and staying over, but I'm just worried that he doesn't really like me and that he's just being a sleaze. He's said that he likes me, he texts and calls me a lot but I dunno. I'm pretty skeptical of guys at the moment. :confused:

Opinions, anyone?

ReputationRep:
    I hope you don't mind being his rebound girl. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InvoluntarySlacker)
    Pretty much this

ReputationRep:
    I would see how things go with his girlfriend/ex girlfriend before you jump into bed/a relationship with him. There's no need to be either naive or overly cynical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by truthandtragedy)
    I met this guy when I was out the other weekend outside a club. He was very drunk, I was very sober. He asked for my number so I gave it to him and we got texting. He's 20, in the marines and I thought it was a little weird him being interested in a nearly 17-year old girl, but he seemed nice so I went with it.

Met up with him a week ago and we ended up kissing, he came to see me the other night as well and we just talked a lot and I quite like him. He's told me that things are over with his girlfriend, but not officially because they have things to sort out with a mortgage on their flat and stuff.

He's coming to see me tonight and staying over, but I'm just worried that he doesn't really like me and that he's just being a sleaze. He's said that he likes me, he texts and calls me a lot but I dunno. I'm pretty skeptical of guys at the moment. :confused:

Opinions, anyone?
    He wants your pie.

ReputationRep:
    How do you feel about him?

ReputationRep:
    From what you've said I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's just interested in you for sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InvoluntarySlacker)
    I thought a rebound was more if you get dumped, then go with someone else to get over it? He says it's been finished with them for a while, ie a few months at least.:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chic)
    How do you feel about him?
    I like him and I'd like to have a relationship with him, but I've only known him for about a month so I'm not all too sure yet.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't know and he's not made it obvious through his actions (not his words), then sleaze.

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking that when he comes over tonight and if he tries anything, then I'll just tell him that I don't feel comfortable whilst he's still with his girlfriend, and that I just want to take things slow. If he gets mad or just ***** off, then I guess I'll know what he was after!

ReputationRep:
    I like him and I'd like to have a relationship with him, but I've only known him for about a month so I'm not all too sure yet.
    His intentions could be good, but I'd be careful around him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rscully)
    From what you've said I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's just interested in you for sex.
    Like i said, he wants your pie.

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking that when he comes over tonight and if he tries anything, then I'll just tell him that I don't feel comfortable whilst he's still with his girlfriend, and that I just want to take things slow. If he gets mad or just ***** off, then I guess I'll know what he was after!
    Sounds like a good plan. Hope it goes well!

ReputationRep:
    Don't have sex with him when he comes round, even if you are really bloody horny. If he accepts it and goes home, he's genuinely into you. The best way to find out if a guy is really truly interested is to ask "Can we take it slow?".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.)
    Don't have sex with him when he comes round, even if you are really bloody horny. If he accepts it and goes home, he's genuinely into you. The best way to find out if a guy is really truly interested is to ask "Can we take it slow?".
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I'll try my best! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.)
    Totally agree times a million and three.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chic)
    Sounds like a good plan. Hope it goes well!
    Thanks! :P:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I'll try my best! :yes:
    Don't put out. I believe in you. :love:

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a good plan, stick to it even if he tries to seduce you:p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.