Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys I am struggling a bit here:

Hope you can help.......am in a bit of a rush

RESEARCH QUESTIONS

1. Find the Article treaty which which provides that the European Union shall respect fundamental rights. What two sources for these fundamental rights does the Article suggest?

2. Which Treaty Article provides a sanction for serious and persistent breaches of fundamental rights, and what is this sanction?

Any comments on how to find the information/answers.....I was looking last night on Westlaw and EUR-Lex and I had tonnes of problems......

Thanks to any repliers out there
    :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Rather than stabbing in the dark on Westlaw, you should probably read a chapter on fundamental rights in a textbook rather than stab-in-the-dark on Westlaw.

The EC Treaty does not provide for the protection of fundamental rights. It is judge made law. The Treaty basis referred to in the early cases is essentially just made up. You are probably thinking of the Lisbon Treaty.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the help!

I'll start by looking at the Lisbon Treaty.

Question 1 asks for the Article as in number and then the two sources the article suggests?

Question 2 asks for the part which sanctions Memberstates should they not apply these principles?

Its finding them thats the hard part....am running out of time lol

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    What you're looking for will be in any decent EU textbook under human rights. Get off Westlaw and get off TSR, and crack open Craig & De Burca or equivalent.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.