Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How can I get my girlfriend to lose weight? watch

ReputationRep:
    http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...le_lurking.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Everytime she enters the room shout MAN THE HARPOONS!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eva2)
    A few pounds is nothing. And for the record, I don't belong to the nazi party. Any guy considering breaking up with his girl because of the way she looks doesn't deserve to be in a proper relationship.
    Yh, I get that and he is shallow but it's his life and if he does dump her then she can find someone that actually cares about her and won't mind if shes put on a few pounds. In that scenario they both win.

ReputationRep:
    oh boy lots of women on the defensive in here

ReputationRep:
    Angry women successfully trolled in this thread: a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Haha awesome thread.

It's shocking how naive women are. Calling somebody shallow for rejecting based on looks is stupid, it's a perfectly legitimate reason. You have no right to get with a fat chick and want her to lose weight, but if you get a girlfriend that puts on weight then it's a problem. Because when you got with her you accepted her based on many things, including looks, if she ***** up her looks then she's breaking the agreement.

Obviously personality wins, and it's important for who you marry and all that, but if you're not attracted to them it won't work, there will be unhappiness and cheating.

Girls like the idea that some man will fall in love with them, then if they put on some weight it won't matter because he's blinded by love and all that ****, it's a nice idea for a Disney movie, but it doesn't work in the real world.

The fact is, if he starts to make himself unattractive (whether it's by getting tattoos you don't like, or picking up weird fashions, or changing his body for the worst) you'll want him to either change back or face a break up.

ReputationRep:
    **** 3 or 4 times with her all the days !!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    This thread is going to be full of angry women. And tbh there isn't much you can do without doing some damage. You can maybe get her to play sports with you or something though. Play tennis or something, that way she is exercising and spending time with you.
    I agree with this.... especially the angry women bit

Do the above....

Or the sledge hammer approach...

"Oi you fat b1tch, stop eating all the pies and get on the exercise bike or you'll be on yer bike... you hear me, ya blubber ars e"

Should do the trick :yes:

ReputationRep:
    tell her shes become plump.

ReputationRep:
    I'd just say... "Darling when you are on top when we have intercourse, you crush my ribs, my arms, my legs and my balls. I don't like this darling, so perhaps you could stop eating so much. I'd like that. Maybe then I can eat you without having my face encased in fat."

Or whenever she asks for food just give her celery sticks with low fat dip

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    You disliking her weight isn't her problem, it's yours so you sort it out in your head - you either accept it or move on. Getting someone else to change on your behalf is unforgivable.
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    PS: Cheers, OP. You have officially turned me into a lesbian. You have shown me that there are a lot of insensitive pigs around in this world, and men just aren't worth the time. I'm not going to make myself anorexic for people like you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    well? shes put on a few pounds and I'm not sure I want to go out with her any more.
    Just tell her:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3160/...9353346760.jpg

ReputationRep:
    tell her shes become a bit too round.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Just tell her:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3160/...9353346760.jpg
    i didnt want to... but i did laugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazija)
    i didnt want to... but i did laugh.
    You stare at it for a few seconds going, "Hey, that's a bit mea... hmph... heh heh... AHAHA LULZ!!!"

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.