Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How can I get my girlfriend to lose weight? watch

ReputationRep:
    Slap her belly and laugh.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend broke up with me for this reason (I had started up on the pill, and the change was 4lbs.) I'm still not over it, a year on. I don't think I'll ever be able to believe someone is happy with how I look, and I don't think I will either. I've never been so upset in my life

ReputationRep:
    Then don't, you obviously don't deserve her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Do you really think she hasn't noticed???
    Then just offer going jogging with her then. I wouldn't know how much obvious weight she's gained since I obviously don't know her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Havers)
    say 'lets go for a run, you must be a bit warm under all that fat, fatty'
    this made me lol :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma512)
    well i think you're quite shallow BUT there is a simple solution...

SEX

and plenty of it

burns loadsa calories n shel feel loved and wanted

"everyones a winner baby"
    Hope this has helped
    This.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamondsky99)
    My boyfriend broke up with me for this reason (I had started up on the pill, and the change was 4lbs.) I'm still not over it, a year on. I don't think I'll ever be able to believe someone is happy with how I look, and I don't think I will either. I've never been so upset in my life
    you don't look fat

ReputationRep:
    You disliking her weight isn't her problem, it's yours so you sort it out in your head - you either accept it or move on. Getting someone else to change on your behalf is unforgivable.
    Yes but at the same time, she's changed! She wasn't fat before, she's piled on the pounds. So someone you might have fancied before, you might not fancy anymore! You can't help who you're attracted to!
    I say, you either tell her straight out that she needs to lose the weight or you finish with her. At the end of the day sometimes you're better off being brutally honest! A true friend should be able to tell you anything and it might upset you to start off with but they're doing it for your own good and you'll thank them for it later!

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, if you don't want to be with her just because of a few pounds, then perhaps you shouldn't be together anyway? If you her that much you wouldn't care if she put on 10 stone and lost all her limbs...

ReputationRep:
    Laxative in her food.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Do you really think she hasn't noticed???
    You'd be surprised. People often don't have much awareness of their body. I wonder how people let themselves go so much these days - surely they just don't realise or remain in denial about it for too long.

I was with a girl earlier in the year and she was putting on weight steadily for a few months. She looked way different from pictures taken a few months previously. I noticed it right away - but she had no idea. She even complained of having to buy new underwear and stuff, in bigger sizes, and said she didn't know why. I gently offered that she had in fact put on a bit of weight recently, and perhaps that explained it. But she dismissed that possibility. Then, weeks later, she got on some scales and only THEN, when she saw in numbers how much heavier she was, did she suddenly realise OMFG LOL I HAVE GOT MOAR FATS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sh4w)
    Hmm, buy her some nice clothes carefully targeted so that she can't quite fit into them anymore?
    good idea!

ReputationRep:
    You don't love her if you don't want to be with her after she's gained a few pounds. If she's unhealthy fat, then sure, encourage her to lose weight. But you seem to only care about the way she looks, so just dump her and stop wasting her time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    you don't look fat
    Haha thanks, I am bulkier than I should be :rolleyes: I've got a lot of muscle on me (swimmer). I'm not giving a good impression of myself :p:

But however big I was to start with, gaining 4lbs, about a quarter of a stone, isn't something I think is a 'dumpable offence'...

To continue that story, we got back together a few months later (against everyone's advice!) He was a changed guy, we broke up in March coz of uni/distance problems...

ReputationRep:
    Dangle a Chocolate Éclair over a treadmill and put that bad boy at level 9.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johan C)
    What rubbish. So much for positive mutual influences eh ? "You got me to end my acid habit, how disgusting !"
    lulwut? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    This has to be a troll thread, what guy notices a difference of a few pounds?
    I put on nearly a stone and my boyfriend didn't notice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamondsky99)
    Haha thanks, I am bulkier than I should be :rolleyes: I've got a lot of muscle on me (swimmer). I'm not giving a good impression of myself :p:

But however big I was to start with, gaining 4lbs, about a quarter of a stone, isn't something I think is a 'dumpable offence'...

To continue that story, we got back together a few months later (against everyone's advice!) He was a changed guy, we broke up in March coz of uni/distance problems...
    Bulky = good :yes:

yeah I agree, 4lbs isn't enough to be dumped over...I guess it's not how much you weigh, but how much you LOOK like you weigh.

ReputationRep:
    sit her down and talk seriously as adults. At least people all know where they stand and you can both decide what to do to tackle the problem together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Amy-Eliza~)
    This has to be a troll thread, what guy notices a difference of a few pounds?
    I put on nearly a stone and my boyfriend didn't notice!
    and nor would I with your looks :coma:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.