Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you get rejected from a college if you fail to do the summer assignments? watch

ReputationRep:
    the sixth form i want to go to have already accepted me. however, they've given me silly summer assignments like "for chemistry, go to the xxxx museum then design a poster advertsing the museum". what kind of ******** is that? i'm not 5 years old :/

if i don't do it can they reject me?

ReputationRep:
    I doubt it but it won't exactly create the best impression if you don't do it.

ReputationRep:
    Cant you just look at the museum website and make a poster from whats there.
    In maths i got set summer assignments before sixth form two years ago and i regretted not doing them before september when september came because it really would of helped to bridge the gap!
    Owell too late now!

ReputationRep:
    What sort of college makes you do a summer assignment? Serious question. I've not been given one (or heard of one being given) so I'm genuinely confused.

Oh, and I thought I'd note that I find your username.. er.. I can't think of a word to fully describe it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d123)
    I doubt it but it won't exactly create the best impression if you don't do it.
    i don't care about making the best impression. i just want to get in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fluffball1991)
    Cant you just look at the museum website and make a poster from whats there.
    In maths i got set summer assignments before sixth form two years ago and i regretted not doing them before september when september came because it really would of helped to bridge the gap!
    Owell too late now!
    i hate drawing / colouring with a passion and cba to design a useless poster if i don't need it. i've already done my AS maths so the gap has already been bridged form me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMeister)
    What sort of college makes you do a summer assignment? Serious question. I've not been given one (or heard of one being given) so I'm genuinely confused.

Oh, and I thought I'd note that I find your username.. er.. I can't think of a word to fully describe it.
    all colleges i've applied for have set summer assignments. my username = 3(your username)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yournansuckstesticles)
    i hate drawing / colouring with a passion and cba to design a useless poster if i don't need it. i've already done my AS maths so the gap has already been bridged form me
    not in chemistry it's not...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura373)
    To be fair though, I doubt drawing a poster to advertise a museum will bridge the gap between GCSE and AS chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    Cm'on it'd take two seconds get a picture off the website and put some text over it, simple.

ReputationRep:
    couldn't you just do a really basic thing on the computer just to show that you've done something if they ask for it? though tbh i very much doubt that they can reject you for not doing it.
    my sixth form also set us work last year in some subjects, but it was more harder GCSE/early AS exercises.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milliondollarcorpse)
    To be fair though, I doubt drawing a poster to advertise a museum will bridge the gap between GCSE and AS chemistry.
    fair play

ReputationRep:
    ah yes. ofcourse designing a poster advertising a science museum would definitely make me a better chemistry candidate. genious!

ReputationRep:
    ah yes. ofcourse designing a poster advertising a science museum would definitely make me a better chemistry candidate. genious!
    i was merely pointing out that your point about AS maths was irrelevant xD

ReputationRep:
    i was merely pointing out that your point about AS maths was irrelevant xD
    it was relevant to the post i quoted.

ReputationRep:
    fair 'nuff.

ReputationRep:
    firstly, your nickname is ******* heroic

secondly, i wudnt bother about ******* around making a poster.. if its not assessed, dont do it

ReputationRep:
    what? none of the places i applied to have summer assignments. but anyhow.. just do it, it'll only take 5 minutes. and you might not care about making a good impression.. but trust me if the teacher has it in for you from day one it's not great.

as for them rejecting you because of it.. that won't happen. the only thing that will happen is that you'll look bad and possibly piss off the teacher.

ReputationRep:
    Yup I can assure you the first impression you give will be the one that sticks in their minds for the whole bloody 2 years. Remember these people will be writing your Uni references & other important things. Just spend 10 minutes doing it online, it's not much effort but puts you in their good books.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.