The Student Room Group

should i tell her?

anon or delete please cos you never know whos on here :smile:

I've recently found out something about my best friends boyfriend of two years. I've found out that he has been texting other girls and talking to other girls on msn asking them to go on webcam etc etc.
The thing is my friend is prone to acting without thinking so if i tell her i know she will straight away accuse him and more then likely end things with him. I dont think that her boyfriend has ever actually cheated on her but id say that what he has been doing is bad enough and that she deserves to know.
I just dont want to be responsible for their break up. especially because although i am certain the information i know is true i have not actually seen it with my own eyes and am relying on what other friends have told me.
So do you think i should tell her or let it be a case of what she doesnt know cant hurt her and just keep an eye out myself for him flirting with other girls etc.
Thanks in advance :smile:
Just leave it, I'd say.
I know it's hard, but at the end of the day, if she's that in love, she might end up blaming you for trying to split them up, and stick with him. Worst case scenario, he was just chatting to these girls (I go on webcam to loads of my guy mates, and I'm not in my knickers!) and your other friends have got the wrong end of the stick.
If she asks you directly, tell her the truth, but otherwise, she'll probably see sense soon enough, or he'll break up with her :dontknow:
I know it's hard, but tbh, it's the best way =)
Yeah, better to be safe or sorry.

And plus, you haven't seen it with your eyes so he's probably talking to other girls in a normal way but not chatting them up. As long as he's not doing anything physical with other girls I'd think it's perfectly normal for him to even flirt or whatever.

Anyone, these kinds of things, you have to see before you tell anyone. Because it can make or break a relationship, you have to be certain and have actually seen the evidence.
Give me the guys email address, I'll sort him out for you.
Yeah it's a really difficult situation. I wouldn't want to be the one that told her, but then again she might not even care, or she might be angry if she ever finds out, and found out you didn't tell her.
Use your own judgement as you know her better than any of us. Could your friendship stand the strain of a fallout over this if it came to that?

Latest

Trending

Trending