Turn on thread page Beta

Girls: Which accommadation? *poll* watch

• View Poll Results: Which accommadation..?
    im single: girls only halls
    6.12%
    im single: mixed halls
    61.90%
    have a boyfriend: girls only halls
    2.04%
    have a boyfriend: mixed halls
    29.93%

ReputationRep:
    I would normally say I'd prefer singlesex though because I'm going ensuite, don't think it'll be too much of a problem. Although the kitchen state may be worrying...(not sexist at all there )
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Does single-sex accommodation still exist?

All girl's halls would be scaaarrry. :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    For a flat I'd go for girls. Boys can be just as *****y as girls, and at least (most) girls don't try looking under your skirt every few minutes :rolleyes: Halls on the other hand.... you get single sex halls? That'd drive me crazy

ReputationRep:
    im single atm, and after being at an all girls school for 7 years, it never even crossed my mind to consider single sex accomodation. mixed all the way, should be way more fun

ReputationRep:
    I have a boyfriend but i've gone for mixed.
    You never know who your gonna be put with and I wouldn't wanna be put in a flat with a load of *****y girls (which yes most girls have a ***** including me! but I wouldn't want it 24/7)

There is also the fact that people say they wouldn't wanna be with guys cos they tend to be a little messier. But it's it's mixed you get that and tidiness it's not like your gonna be the only girl in a flat full of guys! also some girls can be equally messy and unclean.

Like someone said above they are also very good for lifting things :p:

But it's the same with guys when my boyfriend started uni he chose all guys cos he said he wouldn't like to share a flat with girls!

ReputationRep:
    Single and mixed. :woo:

I would DIE if I had to live with females only.

ReputationRep:
    Mixed, I wouldn't have minded going to an all girls hall since I went to an all girls school but mixed is just a nicer balance, I think.

ReputationRep:
    Mixed. In my experience, perhaps i've just been lucky, but when living with boys they tend look out for you and give you a hand when you need it. Although I'm perfectly capable of doing things for myself, it's nice to have someone to turn to should things go tits up.

I really can't imagine living in an all girl flat.

ReputationRep:
    Mixed. I lived in an all girls flat in halls this year and it was quite *****y. Two of the girls slotted into the male 'messy' stereotype though so girls can be just as messy as lads!

ReputationRep:
    i think i would shoot myself if i ended up with all girls. theyre tooo much for me. too *****y too too *****y and quite *****y and stuff i get on with girls moreee

ReputationRep:
    I don't care either way.

ReputationRep:
    Mixed- I'll have spent the past 7 years with all girls only, holy crap no more. I live to get away from the *****ing.

ReputationRep:
    I just want some boys around to lift the heavy things and fix the toaster etc. Mixed.

ReputationRep:
    I had a boyfriend when I started last year went for mixed but ended up in an all girl flat. Really wish id been in a mixed flat being with girls 24/7 was hard. I applying to the same halls again this year in an arranged flat with a 50:50 split. definatly recommend it

ReputationRep:
    No choice, girls are upstairs and boys are downstairs.

ReputationRep:
    Mixed please, I like to meet a variety of people both sexes :]

ReputationRep:
    Got a boyfriend, but there was no way I was going single-sex after 7 years of single-sex ed. Boys are a good laugh and it's not like you've got to sleep with someone just 'cos they're male..so having a boyfriend doesn't really come into it.

Saying that, In my house we had 4 boys, 7 girls...and this year we've got 2 boys and 5 girls

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind one way or the other. I know the old chestnut about girls creating a lot of tension, but I'm immensely laid back. I don't fume, and I don't pay any attention to people who do.

I have a boyfriend, though ... if I didn't, I think I'd be more inclined towards mixed.

ReputationRep:
    Mixed. Single sex, particularly all girls, can get way too *****y for my liking.

ReputationRep:
    i dont thin i get a choice at my uni!
    but i would want mixed anyway just to meet a diverse group of people!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 11, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.