Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Here goes.

1- I haven't played cricket for ages, havent got any gear or anything, so theres no way id be good enough to play for my future uni or anything. does anyone know wether uni's have casual leagues where people play for a laugh?

2- I fancy doing some private maths a-level/gcse revision and tutoring; is this a good way to earn money and if so, how would one go about doing it?

Cheers,

Rich

ReputationRep:
    1. OK I don't understand sport and will embarrass myself by answering this, but I know NTU have many different leagues for each sport...so even if you try out for it, you could end up in a lower league and play for the craic? I think go for it anyway, if it's something you enjoy - do it

2. See if your uni is involved with the Student Ambassador scheme, where you get paid to help out at local primary schools.

As for the tutoring, maybe put an ad in a local newspaper? It's worth a shot. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostdoll)
    1. OK I don't understand sport and will embarrass myself by answering this, but I know NTU have many different leagues for each sport...so even if you try out for it, you could end up in a lower league and play for the craic? I think go for it anyway, if it's something you enjoy - do it

2. See if your uni is involved with the Student Ambassador scheme, where you get paid to help out at local primary schools.

As for the tutoring, maybe put an ad in a local newspaper? It's worth a shot. Good luck!
    Ok cool. Cheers!

Rich

ReputationRep:
    Are you not too young to tutour? You would need to be a teacher or something to tutour a level maths i thought?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.