Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I think I was doing 40 in a 30 zone and now I'm really worried I've clocked up a fine, is there any way to check if I got caught or do I just have to wait for the letter in the post?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eden09)
    So I think I was doing 40 in a 30 zone and now I'm really worried I've clocked up a fine, is there any way to check if I got caught or do I just have to wait for the letter in the post?

Try this http://www.i-database.co.uk/

ReputationRep:
    You just have to wait for a letter to come through in the post. You shouldn't have been speeding!

ReputationRep:
    quite a few camera's don't have film in them all the time though and your speed-ometer normally adds 3,4 mph onto your speed so you may get lucky with 10% +2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scott202)
    You mean horrible person. I nearly wet myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Belle-x)
    You just have to wait for a letter to come through in the post. You shouldn't have been speeding!
    I honestly thought I was in a 40 zone! Until I saw the sign and the speed camera of course!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eden09)
    You mean horrible person. I nearly wet myself.

Sorry, I couldn't resist :proud:

Honestly it's all fine.. If this is the first time you have been caught speeding it will be a small fine and an afternoon watching a video. No points on your license...

Chances are you won't get caught anyway... Your car overestimates the speed and the camera has a tolerance of 10% + 2Mph as stated previously..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milner001)
    quite a few camera's don't have film in them all the time though and your speed-ometer normally adds 3,4 mph onto your speed so you may get lucky with 10% +2
    Isn't it all done digitally?!

And yeah hopefully my speedo was a bit behind, I've noticed that with my sat nav on, my car always says I'm going a lot faster than my sat nav lol..

ReputationRep:
    One flashes or two?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I couldn't resist :proud:

Honestly it's all fine.. If this is the first time you have been caught speeding it will be a small fine and an afternoon watching a video. No points on your license...

Chances are you won't get caught anyway... Your car overestimates the speed and the camera has a tolerance of 10% + 2Mph as stated previously..
    Is that safe driving course not for people caught doing 35mph in a 30?

Anyway, if the camera didn't flash then you weren't caught OP.

ReputationRep:
    I seriously can't understand how people get caught by speed cameras. Firstly, you're told where they are. Secondly they're put in high visibility places. Thirdly they're painted bright yellow.

Wtf?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you were lucky and got one of the 40% of cameras not in use but are left standing as scare people into not speeding.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...motorists.html

Old story but still, maybe you were lucky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zedd)
    Is that safe driving course not for people caught doing 35mph in a 30?

Anyway, if the camera didn't flash then you weren't caught OP.
    ...But if the car overestimates...

ReputationRep:
    ...But if the car overestimates...
    Sure but if you use the cameras factor of inaccuracy (the 10%+2mph) then she could have been doing 35mph when she thought she was doing 40mph (she'd have still been speeding).

I'm not convinced that most cars are that inaccurate around 30-50mph anyway.

ReputationRep:
    The next 2 weeks are going to be a fun wait

ReputationRep:
    Lol I tried my reg and it told me I had been speeding in Cornwall. Car has never been to Cornwall so it didn't fool me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lell)
    Lol I tried my reg and it told me I had been speeding in Cornwall. Car has never been to Cornwall so it didn't fool me!
    You should click on "see photo" :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You should click on "see photo" :rolleyes:
    I did...although it's not very prominent, I nearly missed it!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.