Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I think I was doing 40 in a 30 zone and now I'm really worried I've clocked up a fine, is there any way to check if I got caught or do I just have to wait for the letter in the post?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eden09)
    So I think I was doing 40 in a 30 zone and now I'm really worried I've clocked up a fine, is there any way to check if I got caught or do I just have to wait for the letter in the post?

Try this http://www.i-database.co.uk/

ReputationRep:
    You just have to wait for a letter to come through in the post. You shouldn't have been speeding!

ReputationRep:
    quite a few camera's don't have film in them all the time though and your speed-ometer normally adds 3,4 mph onto your speed so you may get lucky with 10% +2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scott202)
    You mean horrible person. I nearly wet myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Belle-x)
    You just have to wait for a letter to come through in the post. You shouldn't have been speeding!
    I honestly thought I was in a 40 zone! Until I saw the sign and the speed camera of course!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eden09)
    You mean horrible person. I nearly wet myself.

Sorry, I couldn't resist :proud:

Honestly it's all fine.. If this is the first time you have been caught speeding it will be a small fine and an afternoon watching a video. No points on your license...

Chances are you won't get caught anyway... Your car overestimates the speed and the camera has a tolerance of 10% + 2Mph as stated previously..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milner001)
    quite a few camera's don't have film in them all the time though and your speed-ometer normally adds 3,4 mph onto your speed so you may get lucky with 10% +2
    Isn't it all done digitally?!

And yeah hopefully my speedo was a bit behind, I've noticed that with my sat nav on, my car always says I'm going a lot faster than my sat nav lol..

ReputationRep:
    One flashes or two?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I couldn't resist :proud:

Honestly it's all fine.. If this is the first time you have been caught speeding it will be a small fine and an afternoon watching a video. No points on your license...

Chances are you won't get caught anyway... Your car overestimates the speed and the camera has a tolerance of 10% + 2Mph as stated previously..
    Is that safe driving course not for people caught doing 35mph in a 30?

Anyway, if the camera didn't flash then you weren't caught OP.

ReputationRep:
    I seriously can't understand how people get caught by speed cameras. Firstly, you're told where they are. Secondly they're put in high visibility places. Thirdly they're painted bright yellow.

Wtf?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you were lucky and got one of the 40% of cameras not in use but are left standing as scare people into not speeding.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...motorists.html

Old story but still, maybe you were lucky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zedd)
    Is that safe driving course not for people caught doing 35mph in a 30?

Anyway, if the camera didn't flash then you weren't caught OP.
    ...But if the car overestimates...

ReputationRep:
    ...But if the car overestimates...
    Sure but if you use the cameras factor of inaccuracy (the 10%+2mph) then she could have been doing 35mph when she thought she was doing 40mph (she'd have still been speeding).

I'm not convinced that most cars are that inaccurate around 30-50mph anyway.

ReputationRep:
    The next 2 weeks are going to be a fun wait

ReputationRep:
    Lol I tried my reg and it told me I had been speeding in Cornwall. Car has never been to Cornwall so it didn't fool me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lell)
    Lol I tried my reg and it told me I had been speeding in Cornwall. Car has never been to Cornwall so it didn't fool me!
    You should click on "see photo" :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You should click on "see photo" :rolleyes:
    I did...although it's not very prominent, I nearly missed it!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.