Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Implant out? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    As anyone ever got their doctor to take it out, did it help? Make a difference, thats if it ****** your body up.

Gemma.

ReputationRep:
    My friend did. Sorry it's not first hand experience. She couldn't cope with the changes it caused so she had it out. After a few weeks she went back to how she used to be. I've never heard anything about it since so it must have been ok after this

May I ask what you're changing to? Something you've used before or something new?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorty.loves.angels)
    My friend did. Sorry it's not first hand experience. She couldn't cope with the changes it caused so she had it out. After a few weeks she went back to how she used to be. I've never heard anything about it since so it must have been ok after this

May I ask what you're changing to? Something you've used before or something new?
    Im not sure, I just cant put up with this anymore, ive gave it time, year and half, but going to get it out hopefully

ReputationRep:
    just go to your doctor and talk about it with the, if you're having any problems that won't 'settle down' within a few weeks just take the implant out you really don't want to have to deal with capsular contraction - and if you already have this get the implant taken out immediately!

to be honest, i think everyone should just have their implants taken out.. you're going to have to get them replaced every 10 years for the rest of your life...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babythestarsshinebright)
    just go to your doctor and talk about it with the, if you're having any problems that won't 'settle down' within a few weeks just take the implant out you really don't want to have to deal with capsular contraction - and if you already have this get the implant taken out immediately!

to be honest, i think everyone should just have their implants taken out.. you're going to have to get them replaced every 10 years for the rest of your life...
    3 years, and you dont have to have it put back in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma16)
    Im not sure, I just cant put up with this anymore, ive gave it time, year and half, but going to get it out hopefully
    Yeah that's a long time I think it would be better for you to have it out. I was just wondering because if you're going back onto something you've used before it's realistic to expect your body to take longer to settle down than usually, so don't worry if this happens If you choose to use something else then obviously you'll have to wait and see but a year and a half is far too long to have to suffer. I have the implant, took me about 2-3 months to settle down, even THAT seemed a long time but I'm happy now Shame it didn't work for you Apparently it's really common.

ReputationRep:
    im giving mine another 2 months, my hormones are so ****** up, really bad im not feeling myself..apparently things go back to normal pretty quickly

ReputationRep:

That's a bit daft :s What's wrong with getting it replaced? If you have the injection you have to keep going back, if you have the pill you have to remember to take it. The implant was the best decision I ever made. I know it's not for everyone but you can't say it's NOT right for anyone

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's a long time I think it would be better for you to have it out. I was just wondering because if you're going back onto something you've used before it's realistic to expect your body to take longer to settle down than usually, so don't worry if this happens If you choose to use something else then obviously you'll have to wait and see but a year and a half is far too long to have to suffer. I have the implant, took me about 2-3 months to settle down, even THAT seemed a long time but I'm happy now Shame it didn't work for you Apparently it's really common.
    Whats common? Im deffo going to have it out. Whats it done to your periods if you dont mind me asking? Its made me be on for 4months then off 6 months and then on, jeez i cant even remember now, but ive been on since April But i need something else, dont want to get pregnant. Im not so good with tablets though ..

ReputationRep:

erm...

do you know what the implant is?!

ReputationRep:
    That's a bit daft :s What's wrong with getting it replaced? If you have the injection you have to keep going back, if you have the pill you have to remember to take it. The implant was the best decision I ever made. I know it's not for everyone but you can't say it's NOT right for anyone

Think shes on about breast implants!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subcutaneous)
    Think shes on about breast implants!
    :lolz:

ReputationRep:
    Whats common? Im deffo going to have it out. Whats it done to your periods if you dont mind me asking? Its made me be on for 4months then off 6 months and then on, jeez i cant even remember now, but ive been on since April But i need something else, dont want to get pregnant. Im not so good with tablets though ..
    It's common for the body to not be allowed to settle down. I actually know 3 friends who have had it and took it out by about a year.

I know exactly what you mean. At the start I came on for about 2 months, then I was off for ages. By about a year I had a sort of regular irregular pattern if that makes sense? I know now that I will come on usually every 6 weeks, for about a week. But this is so much better than before I had it. I used to come on about every 3 weeks for 4 days but even this didn't settle into a pattern. So although I'm not regular I'm 'settled' lol.

I was terrible with tablets too, that was my main reason for having the implant. I always forgot it, I'm just not a routine person so it didn't work. I though about the injection but you still have to be routine, every 3 months is it? And I knew I couldn't guarantee I'd make it on time so I didn't bother. Let's face it... the implant is just easy :p: Shame it can't work for everyone though.

ReputationRep:

You've obviously got no idea about it, have you? It's every 3 years, you don't HAVE to have it replaced, and it's far more reliable than a lot of other stuff you can have.
    I really hope you're talking about breast implants...

OP, If you've not been able to get on with your implant, and it's been in for at least 6 months, no doctor should have an issue with taking it out. It doesn't hurt when you do have it removed, and you should go back to normal very quickly

ReputationRep:
    It's common for the body to not be allowed to settle down. I actually know 3 friends who have had it and took it out by about a year.

I know exactly what you mean. At the start I came on for about 2 months, then I was off for ages. By about a year I had a sort of regular irregular pattern if that makes sense? I know now that I will come on usually every 6 weeks, for about a week. But this is so much better than before I had it. I used to come on about every 3 weeks for 4 days but even this didn't settle into a pattern. So although I'm not regular I'm 'settled' lol.

I was terrible with tablets too, that was my main reason for having the implant. I always forgot it, I'm just not a routine person so it didn't work. I though about the injection but you still have to be routine, every 3 months is it? And I knew I couldn't guarantee I'd make it on time so I didn't bother. Let's face it... the implant is just easy :p: Shame it can't work for everyone though.
    Yep, big shame. Its horrible been on for so long!
    Im jus going to try tablets if i can, i aint very good at taking them, have to have them in a biscuit or something, so will just put on weight

ReputationRep:
    im giving mine another 2 months, my hormones are so ****** up, really bad im not feeling myself..apparently things go back to normal pretty quickly
    You need to leave it 6 months. Most doctors won't remove it beforehand, unless there's serious problems or it's infected/won't heal. Remember that they're £100 a pop, so taking them out of people because they've not given it long enough is an expensive business.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychocustard)
    You've obviously got no idea about it, have you? It's every 3 years, you don't HAVE to have it replaced, and it's far more reliable than a lot of other stuff you can have.
    I really hope you're talking about breast implants...

OP, If you've not been able to get on with your implant, and it's been in for at least 6 months, no doctor should have an issue with taking it out. It doesn't hurt when you do have it removed, and you should go back to normal very quickly
    Thankyou, hopefully it will go back to normal. Knowing my luck will get worse, but dont think it can get any worse than my situation atm.

ReputationRep:
    You need to leave it 6 months. Most doctors won't remove it beforehand, unless there's serious problems or it's infected/won't heal. Remember that they're £100 a pop, so taking them out of people because they've not given it long enough is an expensive business.

theres no way im going to want to feel like this for another 6 months, unless they can give medication alongside, and i meant 3 months till i see the doctor, but i probably will ask to get it taken out, yeah they're expensive but i'm not prepared to feel like godzilla and i want to kill everyone everyday for an extra 3 months, or even 3 years

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou, hopefully it will go back to normal. Knowing my luck will get worse, but dont think it can get any worse than my situation atm.
    I doubt it'll get worse! Your body will go back to normal very quickly I wouldn't recommend the injection if you're having problems with the implant though!

theres no way im going to want to feel like this for another 6 months, unless they can give medication alongside, and i meant 3 months till i see the doctor, but i probably will ask to get it taken out, yeah they're expensive but i'm not prepared to feel like godzilla and i want to kill everyone everyday for an extra 3 months, or even 3 years
    Trust me, I felt like **** for the first 4-5 months, then it evened out. Remember you're giving your body a hit of hormones it's not used to, and it needs time to get used to it. That's why you feel like crap. Give it more time.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt it'll get worse! Your body will go back to normal very quickly I wouldn't recommend the injection if you're having problems with the implant though!.
    Ok thankyou

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2009
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.