Turn on thread page Beta

The person I'm in love with won't talk to me on msn... watch

Hi so I've been in love with this guy for more than a year now. One day I decided to tell him, but he rejected me. When I finished secondary school I moved to London, but we remained friends and got along ok. The only problem is that most of the times, when I say "hi" to him on msn or facebook he won't even answer! And I know he's on the screen because he keeps modifying his screename or status.
    What can I do to make him talk to me again?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Perhaps it's his not-so-subtle hint for you to attempt to get over him, because he doesn't love you, and he knows as well as you do that you talking to him every day is probably not helping you move on and get on with the rest of your life.

ReputationRep:
    Let him talk to you

ReputationRep:
    :ditto: what generalebriety said.

(Original post by generalebriety)
    Perhaps it's his not-so-subtle hint for you to attempt to get over him, because he doesn't love you, and he knows as well as you do that you talking to him every day is probably not helping you move on and get on with the rest of your life.
    Who said I'm talking to him every day? It's not what you think, I'm not being clingy. Just an occasional hello would be nice, is that too much to ask for??

ReputationRep:
    If he's interested him will make an effort to talk to you first. If not then he's not interested , that's how I see it anyway.

Good luck with him though !
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Who said I'm talking to him every day? It's not what you think, I'm not being clingy. Just an occasional hello would be nice, is that too much to ask for??
    I'm not passing judgement, I'm just giving you an idea of what he might think. Just because you managed to pick an incorrect detail out of my post, doesn't make it any less irrelevant; no matter how frequently you're talking to him, he doesn't want you talking to him, and the only reason I can think of is because he might not want to give you the wrong impression, lead you on, or prolong your infatuation with him any longer than it needs to go on. I thought that was obvious...?

ReputationRep:
    ignore him, he will soon come crawling back,

:mwuaha:

ReputationRep:
    If I wanted to get warned I'd say something along the lines of "get your tits out"; anyways, it's pretty obvious he doesn't like you, so there's not a great deal you can do about it

(Original post by Maximum Velocity)
    If he's interested him will make an effort to talk to you first. If not then he's not interested , that's how I see it anyway.

Good luck with him though !
    No, he already rejected me.

Please read the whole thread before posting advice, people.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you so hung up on one guy? Seriously, there are plenty more fish in the sea. Why do you want a guy that doesn't want you?

ReputationRep:
    No, he already rejected me.

Please read the whole thread before posting advice, people.
    Sorry , well in that case you should move on , there's no point in dwelling on the past. I garuntee there's another boy 10 x better than him waiting for you somewhere in the world

ReputationRep:
    Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love.

(Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
    Why are you so hung up on one guy? Seriously, there are plenty more fish in the sea. Why do you want a guy that doesn't want you?
    AARGH! GTFO! :mad: seriously, cliches like "plenty of more fish in the sea" irritate me to no end. precisely what i didnt want. People that say those things have clearly never been in love before.
    Why am I so hung up on one guy? Perhaps it's because I'm crazy about him? Just a passing thought.

ReputationRep:
    AARGH! GTFO! :mad: seriously, cliches like "plenty of more fish in the sea" irritate me to no end. precisely what i didnt want. People that say those things have clearly never been in love before.
    Why am I so hung up on one guy? Perhaps it's because I'm crazy about him? Just a passing thought.
    The reason he isn't talking to you is because he definitely doesn't feel the same, and might not even feel particularly close to you as a friend. Don't get angry at people saying "try to move on" - you don't see to have accepted the fact he doesn't want you. How about you stop talking to him. A lot more dignity in that.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah... I would have blocked you by now... you just sounds irritating.
    If he doesnt want to talk even on msn how do you expect it to be anymore?! I know it may seem difficult but by talking to him you're throwing any remaining self respect out of the window.
    He clearly doesn't care - and even if you still feel he does - then leaving him alone will maybe make him stop thinking the adverse thoughts he's undoubtably getting now and actually like you. Bit of a long shot though.
    Otherwise just get on with your life - pure and simple.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest you sound a bit of a loon. I can understand why he may not want to talk to you at times.

Move on.

(Original post by serrellen)
    The reason he isn't talking to you is because he definitely doesn't feel the same, and might not even feel particularly close to you as a friend. Don't get angry at people saying "try to move on" - you don't see to have accepted the fact he doesn't want you. How about you stop talking to him. A lot more dignity in that.
    I have accepted that he doesn't want me, I know that. But it's just common courtesy to reply when someone says "hello".
    And I don't get mad at people for telling me to move on, although that kind of advice is also pretty pointless. I get mad at people for using cliches and don't even know what they're talking about. Those kind of people are shallow and probably haven't had much experience in the love department, if you ask me.

(Original post by sophyy)
    Yeah... I would have blocked you by now... you just sounds irritating. If he doesnt want to talk even on msn how do you expect it to be anymore?! I know it may seem difficult but by talking to him you're throwing any remaining self respect out of the window.
    He clearly doesn't care - and even if you still feel he does - then leaving him alone will maybe make him stop thinking the adverse thoughts he's undoubtably getting now and actually like you. Bit of a long shot though.
    Otherwise just get on with your life - pure and simple.
    Thank you for your very kind and understanding support

ReputationRep:
    Hi so I've been in love with this guy for more than a year now. One day I decided to tell him, but he rejected me. When I finished secondary school I moved to London, but we remained friends and got along ok. The only problem is that most of the times, when I say "hi" to him on msn or facebook he won't even answer! And I know he's on the screen because he keeps modifying his screename or status.
    What can I do to make him talk to me again?
    anyone who repeatedly changes their screename and status is a tool

you're well shot of him love

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.