ReputationRep:
    How can I stop being lazy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chillaxer)
    How can I stop being lazy?
    :poke:

lolwut? just do the work there's no shortcut xD

ReputationRep:
    Get a job , go out with friends. party/rave ?. I don't know sorry I'm not good at giving advice.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe set yourself a day where you will get a lot done, with small, achievable goals. Then extend the time period/goals.

This is an improvised plan and may have no success at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelkin)
    Maybe set yourself a day where you will get a lot done, with small, achievable goals. Then extend the time period/goals.

This is an improvised plan and may have no success at all.
    I'll try..I have the impetus and dreams but am so dreaming hte practical doesnt get done I wanna move around and travel.

You need to have a goal.

Every time you see yourself being lazy, remind yourself of said goal.

I don't mean like "this week i'll do the washing up". I mean like "in fifteen years i want to own my own law practice" or "in ten years i want to be a qualified doctor" or whatever.

And there's only yourself that can make you stop being lazy. It's just a mindset. If you can stop thinking in the "oh i'll do it later, oh i can't be bothered, oh no it looks like so much work" mindset and "oh god damnit, i'm going to have to do it now " or even the "hmm, no biggie, i'll finish it" mindset, you'll be set for success.

Well, unless you're an idiot, which generally harms you in life (not as much as being lazy though!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    You need to have a goal.

I don't mean like "this week i'll do the washing up". I mean like "in fifteen years i want to own my own law practice" or "in ten years i want to be a qualified doctor" or whatever.

And there's only yourself that can make you stop being lazy. It's just a mindset. If you can stop thinking in the "oh i'll do it later, oh i can't be bothered, oh no it looks like so much work" mindset and "oh god damnit, i'm going to have to do it now " or even the "hmm, no biggie, i'll finish it" mindset, you'll be set for success.

Well, unless you're an idiot, which generally harms you in life (not as much as being lazy though!).

I always try to think of the future but then I think what's the point, I'll probably die in a few years time :dontknow:

I'm pessimistic like that

(Original post by InvoluntarySlacker)
    I always try to think of the future but then I think what's the point, I'll probably die in a few years time :dontknow:

I'm pessimistic like that
    Unsurprising consider you're 120 years old.

ReputationRep:
    Unsurprising consider you're 120 years old.
    :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Stop chillaxing. Bad habit.

ReputationRep:
    Laziness is a mindset, so try to break it. A few times randomly each day, say to yourself 'right now I'm going to do the opposite of whatever I usually do'. For example, you've just had an idea for something that you vaguely want to do but it's your habit to mentally push it aside; before you do, snap out of it and force yourself to get the thing done that exact instant. Or if you're walking along a road and one of your aims is to get fitter, then just start running the rest of the way, no excuses. Etc etc. Every time your brain meets some resistance, ignore your natural responses.

Why on earth?? Because of the rush of fulfillment you get afterwards. Soon it'll be your habit to do little things you would usually not bother to, and the little things contribute to an overall drop in laziness! (I hope, or I've just been acting like a maniac for the past week :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:
    You need to have a goal.

Thing is in a weird way I'm not lazy at all, it's just that my goals are very dependent on trust. Like I dream of writing, I have all the impetus, and enthusiasm for it, but I don't want to waste years of my life writing and then get it plagiarised or not be savvy about the industry or whatever-get me? I have the feeling but am not good at the dealing with people, praticalities, and machiavellianism of the world.

Thing is in a weird way I'm not lazy at all, it's just that my goals are very dependent on trust. Like I dream of writing, I have all the impetus, and enthusiasm for it, but I don't want to waste years of my life writing and then get it plagiarised or not be savvy about the industry or whatever-get me? I have the feeling but am not good at the dealing with people, praticalities, and machiavellianism of the world.
    So you're actually just paranoid? :p:

There are a huge number of laws and regulations that will stop others plagarizing your work

ReputationRep:
    So you're actually just paranoid? :p:

There are a huge number of laws and regulations that will stop others plagarizing your work
    Not paranoid, I'd say I've got a healthy suspicion of some of the more machiavellian and opportunist people out there. What laws?

Not paranoid, I'd say I've got a healthy suspicion of some of the more machiavellian and opportunist people out there. What laws?
    Sounds to me that you're just looking to make excuses for laziness :p:

Patent laws, copyright laws, intellectual property laws? :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Sounds to me that you're just looking to make excuses for laziness :p:

Patent laws, copyright laws, intellectual property laws? :woo:
    You can't copyright before you've sent to an editor or publisher, can you?

You can't copyright before you've sent to an editor or publisher, can you?
    No idea to be honest.

Google it? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Realise that you are going to die soon, and if you don't do something worthwhile in your life, you may as well have not existed. Gets me through the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Creole)
    Realise that you are going to die soon, and if you don't do something worthwhile in your life, you may as well have not existed. Gets me through the day.
    Toruble is I missed out on youth being such an obsessive, you dont wanna just go along barely aware you exist, but then at the same time you get mired in pondering and you miss the train as it were.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InvoluntarySlacker)
    :mmm:
    hmmm I'm suprised your not banned on here looking at your profile, what's more suprising is that your German!

How was Goebbels?

*To the people of TSR don't mention the war*

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.