(Original post by chrisbphd)
    The majority of it is most likely absolute rubbish
    I agree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    I agree.
    Not a surprising response.

ReputationRep:
    Go easy on him. It is a really good insight what you would otherwise miss int eh nerws. Wow i never knew that the americans took pages away form the iraq WMD dossier. No wonder the farce surrouinding it when the yanks wanted to photocopy them because their photocopiers were better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Go easy on him. It is a really good insight what you would otherwise miss int eh nerws. Wow i never knew that the americans took pages away form the iraq WMD dossier. No wonder the farce surrouinding it when the yanks wanted to photocopy them because their photocopiers were better.
    It was explained in most quality papers at the time. Seeing as the US was going to be the only country with the balls to deal with Iraq, it seems fair to me they took what was of use to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama boy)
    http://www.projectcensored.org/publications/2004/

quite frightening.
    explains alot really, its a shame that this does not get punblished or seen by the mass's especially americas massive weapons aid to Israel, wonder why palestine recieves no such aid ???
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I particularly like "US/British Forces Continue Use of Depleted Uranium Weapons Despite Massive Evidence of Negative Health Effects." Negative health effects; as in they kill you? Not particularly surprising. They're perfectly safely stored, and if you're stuck next to the wreckage of a tank destroyed by them, tough, you're at war. Issued respirators cut out the particles quite nicely for guys needing to remove wreckage blocking roads; if you don't wear them and get sick, hey, why do we give you them.

ReputationRep:
    It's all so scummy. Remember the 45-minute warning? Well Geoff Hoon (Defence Secretary) was recently on the Jonathan Dimbleby Show, and Dimbleby had him on the rack about the warning. As it turns out the warning was only for battlefield missiles and were not necessarily about longer-range missiles that could hit Britain... the Commons didn't know this, were effectively misled, and it may have influenced the vote to go to war.
    Also my MP, a young Labour junior minister, voted for war when the majority of her constituency were dead against it. Only to help further her own career.
    I have no faith in our system.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.