The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Well to put it in another light, would you take a first date to a cheap restaurant ?
Reply 21
Nooooooo, dont do it!

Are you really considering using it? Does common sense not suggest that not only does it make you look cheap, and that you may have taken her merely cos you had a voucher, but that also any idea of "romance" (something girls quite like) has gone completely out the window. Be a gentleman and pay properly, at least for the first 2, or you pay the first, she pays the second to be more fair. Once your on the 3rd date bring out the vouchers, by about the 5th date we didnt go anywhere unless we had vouchers (or it was a special occasion - birthday etc.)
Srsly, don't do it.
Reply 23
Vouchers are a no-no, Only if you go to the counter yourself and she is not looking.

But if you ain't lookin' for some nookie bring all the vouchers you can.
Bubbles*de*Milo
Srsly, don't do it.

^ The girl speaks truth :yes: ^
Reply 25
I would just use it. Aslong as you didn't choose to go there just because you had a voucher :smile:
Don't use it. A friend was really put off with a guy who used a voucher on the first date, and they knew each other beforehand!

Third date onwards you could say "I've actually got a voucher, I know its a lil bit cheeky - how about going to X restaurant?"
Reply 27
It shows you are fiscally responsible, and therefore good partner material.
Reply 28
Him: Hey, wanna go to XXX restaurant tonight? I can get us our meal half price and then hit the cinema after?

Her: Oh my god, you can get us cheaper food and then spend that saved money taking me to the cinema?! You cheapskate! This date is over!!

:rolleyes:
Reply 29
I wouldn't be bothered if I went on a date and a guy used a voucher. Although I'd make a bit of a joke out of it if I was you and kinda laugh it off, or unexpectedly 'find' it in your wallet to use :smile:
I would say use it, if she is worth it then she will be fine with it. But, I can see how it may be seen as "cheap", maybe just take it with you and decide when the bill comes if you think she will take it offensively?
Reply 31
It's the same as taking a girl to the cinema for Orange Wednesdays - Totally acceptable!

Just do it and make a joke out of it :smile: Or if you're embarassed, just say your mum/friend/flatmate gave you the voucher today when you told them you were going there?
Reply 32
In my opinion, any girl who would actually be bothered by you using a voucher isn't worth it. I personally wouldn't be bothered at all. If your worried try making a joke about it x
Becky2401
In my opinion, any girl who would actually be bothered by you using a voucher isn't worth it. I personally wouldn't be bothered at all. If your worried try making a joke about it x

It isn't good dating etiquette. Somethings just shouldn't be done on a first date: paying with a voucher is one of such things. People have a right to expect a special evening that they'd remember for a while and the fact is a voucher completely kills the mood. My advice: save it for when you go with some friends.
Reply 34
Mmm, I would find it off-putting - but nothing is a dealbreaker on it's own. But surely you would want to maxamise your chances of a second date?
Reply 35
If the date is going well, you can make a joke about it when the bill comes, how 'it's just good sense in these tough financial times, okay!' & she'll probably find it funny & you can have a laugh about it. To be honest, if it was me I would find it quite cute for a guy to do that, it would be something to laugh about together as it's quite endearing. However, she may think differently. Just use your best judgement on the situation when the bill comes based on how the evening has gone.

Unless it's one of those vouchers you have to present when you get there. Ignore me if it is.
Reply 36
psychocustard
I'd like it. I do it ALL the time - I only ever really go to Pizza Express and the cinema on a Wednesday now :biggrin: - and it just means that you're being sensible. Plus, you could just talk about the recession a bit... :p:

What's the Pizza express offer?
pamelaa
What's the Pizza express offer?

Orange Wednesdays - so it's two cinema tickets for the price of one, and then at Pizza Express (with the voucher off the website) it's free garlic bread or dough balls each, and then buy one get one free on main courses :smile:
Reply 38
psychocustard
Orange Wednesdays - so it's two cinema tickets for the price of one, and then at Pizza Express (with the voucher off the website) it's free garlic bread or dough balls each, and then buy one get one free on main courses :smile:

OOO yum thanks :biggrin:
Just use it. It wouldn't bother me and I don't think it would bother anyone I know.

Latest

Trending

Trending