Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

yo,

so I have just started going out with this girl, shes great and we get on so well. shes is gorgeous and confident...the only thing is she has slight hair on her upper lip. and to be honest it doesn't bother me, and it clearly doesn't seem to bother her. Thing is, i'm going to introduce her to my mates and i know they will comment about it, just typical guys being dicks really!

just wondered if any guy has dated a girl with slight upper lip hair and how they got their friends to not act horrible around her when u first introduced them?

ReputationRep:
    A genuine and mature friend will not make a huge issue out of something so small. Unless your friends are immature 11 year olds, you don't have to "get" them to act like anything.

This is what I think anyway.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    yo,

so I have just started going out with this girl, shes great and we get on so well. shes is gorgeous and confident...the only thing is she has slight hair on her upper lip. and to be honest it doesn't bother me, and it clearly doesn't seem to bother her. Thing is, i'm going to introduce her to my mates and i know they will comment about it, just typical guys being dicks really!

just wondered if any guy has dated a girl with slight upper lip hair and how they got their friends to not act horrible around her when u first introduced them?
    couldn't you tell your mates to not be dicks?

ReputationRep:
    If you've got good friends, then don't worry about it.

Unless she's got full blown handlebars, I wouldn't worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    It's only natural, as long as it's not like a proper man's moustache, I don't see the problem.

Tell your friends to act mature. Although I don't know why any decent person would sneer at someone to their face when they barely know them.

ReputationRep:
    Its just a bit of peach fuzz, she may even get it waxed beforehand, but if your friends do say anything say you find it cute, it'll shut them up

ReputationRep:
    Flaming sambuca? Sort it right out. =D

ReputationRep:
    If they were true friends they would'nt be harsh about it. She doesn't see it as an issue, so why should anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    lol, if they were true friends, it would be their duty to tease you until you split up or marry.

edit: But not in front of the girl, of course.

ReputationRep:
    get some new friends

ReputationRep:
    This is the first thing i look out for with a girl. It is disgusting, and not meant to be. Sorry, just the way i feel :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Hysteria)
    couldn't you tell your mates to not be dicks?
    But that requires a backbone and some balls :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by General Ourumov)
    But that requires a backbone and some balls :rolleyes:
    Boys will be boys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)
    lol, if they were true friends, it would be their duty to tease you until you split up or marry.

edit: But not in front of the girl, of course.
    ahahaha, this is so true :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephirona)
    Boys will be boys.
    Ye sadly your right

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.