Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i am pretty damm confused. i have a new girlf friend been together only 3 weeks but things are odd to what im used to. i never hear from her in the day i text her but only get one reply a day ( i usually txt her at lunch when im home when i go to bed) when my rents were away for weekend she didnt wanna stay cause she had to be up for work and wood have to leave earier, but the fact i stay at hers and i leave for work a lot earlier than i need to when im at home.
    i just feel like im doing everything and getting nothing back.
    am i over reacting or not? i mean i have been messed about a lot and cheated on by 70% of my girlfriends but i dont feel that has anything to do with it as she has told me im only guy she wants etc.

thanks people.

ReputationRep:
    If it doesnt feel right, then you need to talk to her about this. There could be an underlying thing thats getting to the both of you, or it could just be a case of not gelling together that well.
    Not all relationships work out, and its often in the first month or two you find these things out so don't feel downheartened. If you don't feel happy or comfortable being together then either things have to change or you need to consider whether or not its worth the effort.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seasons_wither)
    i am pretty damm confused. i have a new girlf friend been together only 3 weeks but things are odd to what im used to. i never hear from her in the day i text her but only get one reply a day ( i usually txt her at lunch when im home when i go to bed) when my rents were away for weekend she didnt wanna stay cause she had to be up for work and wood have to leave earier, but the fact i stay at hers and i leave for work a lot earlier than i need to when im at home.
    i just feel like im doing everything and getting nothing back.
    am i over reacting or not? i mean i have been messed about a lot and cheated on by 70% of my girlfriends but i dont feel that has anything to do with it as she has told me im only guy she wants etc.

thanks people.
    Leave the ***** (I'm hoping that word is TSR acceptable)

But awkward behaviour is not part of a healthy relationship

ReputationRep:
    i see what you are saying but when we are together its amazing! she has said to me how comfortable she feels around me and how happy she is etc which is good but i mean for now im just flowing with it, she is out 2nite for first night getting drunk since we been together so i like to look at this as a test lol.

she seems rly genuine and all her friends are really happy as her last b/f cheated on her and messed her around a lot! thanx for you help i will keep you informed if u want haha

ReputationRep:
    Prehaps she is busy like.. working.. when you're texting her during the day?

I had a girl that got upset when I wouldnt reply to her texts despite me telling her repeatidly that I spent the daytime abseiling kids down a very high tower and couldnt just let go of the rope to send her a reply right away :P

ReputationRep:
    probz just keeping you on your toes

ReputationRep:
    yeah i should think so im keeping my hopes up in a way from what she has said to me when we are together i think its all good, thanx for support!

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, it does sound a bit off to me. Whenever I've had a new bf, the first couple of weeks would be when we'd text/call the most as the start of a new r/ship is always exciting.
    It doesn't sound like your situation is exciting you at all, more like she is picking you up when she wants you and dropping you when she doesn't.
    But then again, its too early in the r/ship for you to be talking to her about it cos you might seem really clingy!
    Difficult.....see how it goes over the next few weeks, and maybe play a little hard to get yourself for a while?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Prehaps she is busy like.. working.. when you're texting her during the day?

I had a girl that got upset when I wouldnt reply to her texts despite me telling her repeatidly that I spent the daytime abseiling kids down a very high tower and couldnt just let go of the rope to send her a reply right away :P
    My god i hope thats not a metaphor:yes:

ReputationRep:
    thanx smile thats a really good idea! i just got my 1st text from her, asking what time i finish work 2moro as she finish early which is a good sign, i am gonna change just not text her just leave it a bit more wait for her im doing all the work and it aint fair, thats what happened with my ex and that went really wrong cause i did all the running! i will play hard to get a bit see how she likes it, but im just gna see how it goes for a few more weeks. but i no what u mean begging is meant to be exciting and it dnt seem like normal, i dunno she tlked to me over weekend sayin she dnt wanna c me loads cause when she goes bck to uni it will be even harder if we spend every day together i see what she means but she has told me she is falling in love with me etc so i take it as good signs, maybe this is just how she does relationships i dont know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seasons_wither)
    i see what you are saying but when we are together its amazing! she has said to me how comfortable she feels around me and how happy she is etc which is good but i mean for now im just flowing with it, she is out 2nite for first night getting drunk since we been together so i like to look at this as a test lol.

she seems rly genuine and all her friends are really happy as her last b/f cheated on her and messed her around a lot! thanx for you help i will keep you informed if u want haha
    If your girlfriend has been cheated on and messed around before, it seems quite understandable why she'd seem a bit distant with you, especially in the first 3 weeks of a relationship. If you feel like you're the one putting in all the effort, you probably are, but it might not be a case of her not caring or just being lazy, she might be tryign to keep her distance until she sorts out whether or not you are genuine.

Talking to her would be the best option, letting her know that you're there for her and making her feel comfortable (even more so) around you will help too.

ReputationRep:
    thanx it all good advise and yeah i think your right about the cheating she has had in past wood make sence! i will just be there for her make her happy as much as i can cant ask for more than that as long as she is smiling im happy!

ReputationRep:
    its been 3 weeks and you're contacting her 3 times a day and demanding she stays over - you're the one with the problem; she is being a normal person, you're being captain clingy

ReputationRep:
    Talk to her. If she doesn't respond in a positive way, tell her to hit the bricks.

ReputationRep:
    im not demanding anything! i have no problem at all i no it been 3 weeks thats why im being optimistic about it all

ReputationRep:
    You are clingy. Give her some space.

ReputationRep:
    "70%" of girlfriends implies you have had atleast 10?
    what happened then man??

ReputationRep:
    Talk to her about, and if she responds negatively than maybe it means that she's not as into you as you are into her. Either way you need to put your feelings out there because if you don't you'll get hurt for sure.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.