Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, so my mum brought me a pair of Killah flats. They are really quite cute and everything, but I just don't really wear anything gold and they go with none of my dresses which are purple, pink, and block patterned. She's getting upset that I'm not wearing them and I'm also a bit bummed as they are adorable. So what would you suggest to wear with them?
    So far jeans and a gold tank top is all that I own that goes with them.
    They look a bit like this:

http://www.tonguechic.com/classified...d_shadow_1.JPG

But they have a rubber white base and white rim at the top. So its gold sequin + with a white border if you get what I'm trying to describe :p:

Any help would be great. I've thought of a black dress with a skinny belt (gold) and buying myself some gold accessories....?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emikoo)
    Hey, so my mum brought me a pair of Killah flats. They are really quite cute and everything, but I just don't really wear anything gold and they go with none of my dresses which are purple, pink, and block patterned. She's getting upset that I'm not wearing them and I'm also a bit bummed as they are adorable. So what would you suggest to wear with them?
    So far jeans and a gold tank top is all that I own that goes with them.
    They look a bit like this:

http://www.tonguechic.com/classified...d_shadow_1.JPG

But they have a rubber white base and white rim at the top. So its gold sequin + with a white border if you get what I'm trying to describe :p:

Any help would be great. I've thought of a black dress with a skinny belt (gold) and buying myself some gold accessories....?
    I'm no fashion expert , but I've just lookd at your profile picture and can tell that they would suit you .

ReputationRep:
    You dont have to wear anything else gold with them, you dont want to overdo the gold thing.
    Jeans and pretty much any top would be fine.

ReputationRep:
    They would go with pretty much anything, just wear gold jewellery rather than silver, a gold top and gold shoes would be a bit much I think!

ReputationRep:
    I think they'd go with lots of things, especially as a unique touch to something plain like jeans and a shirt, or a casual dress.

ReputationRep:
    tbh i don't really like them but why do you want to wear gold with them? there's no need to!
    i personally wouldn't wear jeans with them... i'd wear a nice skirt (perhaps a tulip style one?) with a plain vest top tucked in. jewellrey wise i'd wear bangles.

ReputationRep:
    lol thanks maximum velocity.
    Here is a photo I managed to get from my webcam. Its a bit crappy resolution which is why I didn't upload to begin with;

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the comments so far. I suppose its just I think they are so sparkly compared to what I normally wear that they would look out of place if I didn't match in something else that was gold if you know what I mean? Then again I'm not that experimental when it comes to fashion >.< lol

ReputationRep:
    I sympathise- I don't own anything these would go with, either. I'd probably end up spray-painting them and adding a sequinned flower or two just to make them fit in with the rest of my clothes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emikoo)
    Thanks for all the comments so far. I suppose its just I think they are so sparkly compared to what I normally wear that they would look out of place if I didn't match in something else that was gold if you know what I mean? Then again I'm not that experimental when it comes to fashion >.< lol
    well because they are sparkly and i guess in a way kind of a 'statement' piece, you don't need to wear something else gold because then everything will look too fussy if you get what i mean?
    if you want to wear them with plain skinny jeans then that'll look fine but i think a jersey skirt might look good with them as well.

ReputationRep:
    I'd just wear them with black and white.. probably leggings, a white vest and a black cardi. They'd also go with navy or red.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like them... it's odd they're like a cross between Keds or something, slightly sporty with the rubber, but then strangely glamourous with the gold... contrast is a bit odd. Yeah skinny jeans and keep the jewellery to gold. I guess they could look quite cute.

ReputationRep:
    Something cream.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.