Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I’m going on holiday in august, but I have the chance to come back the day before results day. My problem is that my mum lives in a different country and I will be seeing her for 6 days, and won’t see her again till next year . I do not know whether to take a chance and stay with her for an extra week, or come back for results day. I do not feel confident with my results and am pretty sure I will have to make some calls.

So my question is:

Do you think I should take a risk and stay an extra week on holiday, or, should I come back for results day?

Also is it possible to sort out the clearing in a different country, provided I have a phone and all my ucas forms.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why you can't make any nessecary calls from a different country, but it will just cost you more. x

ReputationRep:
    A bit risky to go on holiday, just make sure you take everything you need in terms of your application just in case. It'll just cost you more in phone calls.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it's fine, just ensure you let your school know so they can make the necessary arrangements.

ReputationRep:
    let someone else like your dad collect your result (inform the school about this) and tell him to reveal your results over the phone or by email

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by obessedwithu&rockmusic)
    let someone else like your dad collect your result (inform the school about this) and tell him to reveal your results over the phone or by email
    this.

youll definitely need to organise someone else to get your results for you.

ReputationRep:
    If you have internet access abroad then surely you can check whether you got in over UCAS Track? I am sure you can probably call UCAS from another country it will just cost you a lot more. Have you tried contacting UCAS to see if it is possible?

ReputationRep:
    There'll be International students who would have to make phone calls from abroad to sort stuff out so I'm sure it'd be fine for you too. Why don't you ring your school and get your results on the day?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks every one, all the post have been really helpful, and I think the next step is to contact the college.

ReputationRep:
    No, you will get shot if your not there to collect the results yourself.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.