Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    are the wii's graphics better than ps2? this may sound stupid but i aint sure.

they both have the same sort of resolution: 480p.. i wonder

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    Technically yes because the Wii's GPU is slightly upgraded from that of the Gamecube's, which was more powerful than that of the PS2s. Yes you can display them both in 480p with component cables but overall the Wii's GPU > PS2s GPU

ReputationRep:
    They seem about the same to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chaywa)
    Technically yes because the Wii's GPU is slightly upgraded from that of the Gamecube's, which was more powerful than that of the PS2s. Yes you can display them both in 480p with component cables but overall the Wii's GPU > PS2s GPU
    this technically. HOWEVER. it seems the potential is there, but the majority of wii developers are really lazy and just make games with rubbish graphics

ReputationRep:
    the developers dont use the full potential sadly but yes they are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rich2606)
    this technically. HOWEVER. it seems the potential is there, but the majority of wii developers are really lazy and just make games with rubbish graphics
    Yup this is true, take a look at The Conduit. It has amazing graphics for a Wii!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chaywa)
    This. The Gamecube had better graphics than the PS2 to begin with so of course the Wii does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaytwizzle1000)
    the developers dont use the full potential sadly but yes they are
    Check out The Conduit, i'm buying it tomorrow. Looks awesome

Doh! props to john.miguel for saying it first :P

ReputationRep:
    I've seen better looking games on Ps2, but they probably aren't reaching the potential of the Wii.

ReputationRep:
    Get the component cables and they look much better than ps2 imo

ReputationRep:
    Technically yes. In actuality, no.

ReputationRep:
    yeh alredy ordered hd cables

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.