Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Finally , I made my decision from offers of surrey,kings,leicester.dundee,gl asgow and manchester . I selected MANCHESTER!!!

Question about halls

I have applied for
    1 ) weston halls en-suite.
    2 ) George Kenyon Hall (university place hall ) En-suite
    3 ) Opal Hall en-suite

I am international PG student confirmed starting in sep 09.

Does anyone think i can still get a room there in any on the three at city campus, considering that its late?
    Also what is the processing time and i mean real time not mentioned
    one !

Anyone in the same boat heading to manchester ?

cheers ppl:woo:

ReputationRep:
    Well seeing as you're international you will definitely get a place in halls, but your late application means there's not such a great chance you'll get one of your top three (seeing as they're all high demand places). Best things is just to wait and see. And it's impossible to tell how long they will take processing your application, they seem to vary so much.

ReputationRep:
    you'll probably get weston, I don't think it's that high in demand. there is an accommodation thread already, also, where you might find some more information.

ReputationRep:
    cheers for thats ! i hope i get a roof.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoisonDonna)
    Well seeing as you're international you will definitely get a place in halls, but your late application means there's not such a great chance you'll get one of your top three (seeing as they're all high demand places).
    Why? I didn't think the vast majority of places were assigned until after results day? I haven't applied for accommodation yet as I was under the impression that places weren't assigned on a first-come-first-served basis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomm)
    Why? I didn't think the vast majority of places were assigned until after results day? I haven't applied for accommodation yet as I was under the impression that places weren't assigned on a first-come-first-served basis.
    Well many people have already had their accomodation offers... and they do advise you not to apply to 3 ensuite choices as they're high high demand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoisonDonna)
    Well many people have already had their accomodation offers... and they do advise you not to apply to 3 ensuite choices as they're high high demand.
    Don't all of the people who have received accommodation offers already hold unconditional offers to start in September though? Surely they aren't giving out accommodation offers to people with only conditional offers already?

ReputationRep:
    Should I be worried now since all my choices are en-suite?
    I have an unconditional offer and have accepted it .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomm)
    Don't all of the people who have received accommodation offers already hold unconditional offers to start in September though? Surely they aren't giving out accommodation offers to people with only conditional offers already?
    Yeah, and the OP states he is unconditional (well he says confirmed, seems to be the same thing). They only allocate a certain amount of the key places to unconditionals, they can't go handing them all out or they'd all be full up before the conditional people get a chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omega_001)
    Should I be worried now since all my choices are en-suite?
    I have an unconditional offer and have accepted it .
    What's to worry about? And even if you worry, there's nothing you can do about it now. You're unconditional, international and postgrad, you're high on the list to get your places, so please don't worry. So many people want en suite and don't get it, then wonder what the fuss was about (me included in this!).

ReputationRep:
    if you're unconditional, then you should hear from Manc by 31st july. though if your application was late, then i'm not sure tbh... gd luck either way mate xx

ReputationRep:
    Well so far the admission process has gone without a problem and to my suprise quite fast !
    Just hoping to get en-suite at city campus . Don't want to be in middle of 4000 undergrad "party all night " students . Wild days are over with completion of undergrad degree

ReputationRep:
    Internationals and PGs (as far as I know) are guaranteed accommodation so you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    Thanks all , i got into opal gardens . Hope it will be nice .

ReputationRep:
    you say you applied late but isnt the last date 31st august? i am an unconditional undergrad student and applied for accomodation yesterday. took dalton ellis->woolton->hulme

ReputationRep:
    Well the popular halls are en-suite + self catered + city campus . So most of them are already taken by students who applied early .

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry too much about getting a room, Manchester uni promises (or at least to) to provide accommodation to all first year students, though obviously it might not be your first choice. And you're not really that late. Anyway you have a place, so congrats!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.