Turn on thread page Beta

Should the 30 second limit be removed? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Vote here on whether the 30 second limit between posts should be removed. Pleae vote against this inconvenience by clicking 'yes' above.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisbphd)
    Vote here on whether the 30 second limit between posts should be removed.
    Thanks for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    Thanks for that.
    are you voting?

ReputationRep:
    are you voting?
    Indeed.

ReputationRep:
    are you voting?
    oh, you have ... stupid 30 second limit got me then

ReputationRep:
    oh, you have ... stupid 30 second limit got me then
    Yes, the 30 second limit is awful. That confusion wouldnt have arisen if it weren't for the damn limit. *hinting for some votes*

ReputationRep:
    Yes, the 30 second limit is awful. That confusion wouldnt have arisen if it weren't for the damn limit. *hinting for some votes*
    Three votes is pathetic...but I suppose it is 5 past 1 in the morning. I should go to bed.

ReputationRep:
    Three votes is pathetic...but I suppose it is 5 past 1 in the morning. I should go to bed.
    lol, you wait til tommorow. The delay will be gone by then.

ReputationRep:
    lol, you wait til tommorow. The delay will be gone by then.
    today*

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps the function is useful in slowing the progress of spammers.

ReputationRep:
    What exactly is the 30 second limit, i've been away from here this evening.

ReputationRep:
    Don't remove it... if you removed it then some already post obsessed people will probably go down with RSI as they try to break the 3000 posts a day mark... you should certainly carry out a risk assesment before embarking on such a risky change as this.

-K

ReputationRep:
    Vote here on whether the 30 second limit between posts should be removed. Pleae vote against this inconvenience by clicking 'yes' above.
    Things like that are put there a reason. It stops people from flooding the board and it delays nuisanse posters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    What exactly is the 30 second limit, i've been away from here this evening.
    It's not a recent change to the system.

It basically just means that you can only post every 30 seconds. If you try you'll just get a little message up, then you can wait and repost. As most posts will take longer than 30 secs to read and respond to then you should rarely encounter it.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, seems fair enough. It's not likely to affect me i don't post that much at such i high frequency.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Ok, seems fair enough. It's not likely to affect me i don't post that much at such i high frequency.
    Indeed. It shouldn't really be a big problem for anyone but spammers really.

ReputationRep:
    On a slightly different topic, have they disabled chat, i can't get on to it at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    no, it is still there.

hopefully it will be integrated into the board when it gets upgraded (soon :confused: )

ReputationRep:
    OK then, must be my computer then. I know the link anyway. You got the latest Blink album ollie?

ReputationRep:
    it also prevents posting the same post twice by accident.

love Katy***

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.