Should the 30 second limit be removed? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Ollie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
OK then, must be my computer then. I know the link anyway. You got the latest Blink album ollie?
yes i have, im in a state of confusion about it, cant make up my mind!
Rich
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by chrisbphd)
Vote here on whether the 30 second limit between posts should be removed. Pleae vote against this inconvenience by clicking 'yes' above.
This feature's primary focus is to prevent automated spam-bots from posting at what would be an unstoppable rate otherwise. Without this limit, the forum could become clogged with hundreds if not thousands of automated spam posts within the space of a few minutes (if it didn't crash the server first). It also serves to curb the number of one-liner responses to posts and chatty-style dialogue which can't be a bad thing.
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by rahaydenuk)
This feature's primary focus is to prevent automated spam-bots from posting at what would be an unstoppable rate otherwise. Without this limit, the forum could become clogged with hundreds if not thousands of automated spam posts within the space of a few minutes (if it didn't crash the server first). It also serves to curb the number of one-liner responses to posts and chatty-style dialogue which can't be a bad thing.
do you remember when there was a min limit on charactors in a post? i think it was 4.

that was great for stopping "lol" posts!
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
do you remember when there was a min limit on charactors in a post? i think it was 4.

that was great for stopping "lol" posts!
but not the "rofl" posts or "lol!" posts
Mr White
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by rahaydenuk)
This post limit is a beneficial aspect for the majority, it's only really an inconvenicence to spammers and people who talk to much. To remove it would be silly, as rehaydenuk just pointed out, so it should just be left alone.

d knows what he's doing.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
yes i have, im in a state of confusion about it, cant make up my mind!
When i first got it, i thought it was completetly different to any of their others and wasn't sure if i liked it. After a few listens it's starting to grow on me.
chrisbphd
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I can see everyones points of view, it just annoyed me the other day so I thought a poll would be fun.
Ralfskini
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I can see everyones points of view, it just annoyed me the other day so I thought a poll would be fun.
Oh well. If the majority don't want a change (and the change isn't practical, anyway), then I don't mind. I didn't really think about how it may be useful in preventing spam, although on occasions it is annoying.
chrisbphd
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Ralfskini)
Oh well. If the majority don't want a change (and the change isn't practical, anyway), then I don't mind. I didn't really think about how it may be useful in preventing spam, although on occasions it is annoying.
Fine by me too. If I think about it carefully, when it isnt one o'clock in the morning like when I started the poll, it is probably a good idea to keep the limit.
Ralfskini
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Fine by me too. If I think about it carefully, when it isnt one o'clock in the morning like when I started the poll, it is probably a good idea to keep the limit.
Agreed.
mikesgt2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
You need a limit to prevent spam
Tednol
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Three votes is pathetic...but I suppose it is 5 past 1 in the morning. I should go to bed.
5 past 1 on a Friday night indeed.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (90)
25.94%
No (257)
74.06%

Watched Threads