Turn on thread page Beta

At what age would you put your child into a nursery? watch

• View Poll Results: At what age would you put your child into a nursery?
    Birth- 3 months
    8.93%
    Just over 3 months - 6 months
    0%
    Just over 6 months - 12 months
    14.29%
    Just over 12 months - 2 years
    23.21%
    Just over 2 years - 3 years
    25.00%
    Just over 3 years - 5 years
    28.57%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abc101)
    Fascism? Are you for real?!

Excuse me for thinking that it's SELFISH to have a child you aren't going to devote yourself to. If you aren't going to be able to look after your child yourself, why the bloody hell are you having a baby?
    As I said previously, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Making use of a nursery does not mean that you don't look after your baby. If you honestly think that looking after a baby takes place only between the opening hours of a nursery then you are more clueless that I previously suspected.

When you wake up in the real world then perhaps your posts will reflect reality a little better.

ReputationRep:
    My mum only had 3 months maternity leave so from 3 months I was in the hands of a childminder during the day [different from a nursery I know as my childminder only had 2 other children to care for]. Same for my little brother. Never did us any harm [as people say] and we are a really close family.

Ideally, I'd like to be in a position where I didn't have to work whilst my baby was so young but if I had no choice, I would use a childminder/nursery from an early age.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.