Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Underage and Pregnant Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HRHxo)
    It was interesting, especially as it was dealing with how the pregnancy affected the twins relationship with one another, and the consequences....
    This has actually been one of the first teen pregnancy docs I've emphasised with the girls. These girls are not stupid and the twin that already has a child is responsible and has made an effort to bring up her child. I was really pleased with the father's reaction too :yes: All in all it does show that they aren't all immature whingey brats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aliciaax)
    So what did everyone think of the episode? Did it show that they were supportive and despite the age, still excellent parents?
    Funny I thought those little girls where from your town...oh wait I actually recognise one in your profile picture.

Yes, I do agree that Charlotte and her boyfriend appeared to be great and loving parents. I hope they get good jobs, good qualifications and everything works out for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    This has actually been one of the first teen pregnancy docs I've emphasised with the girls. These girls are not stupid and the twin that already has a child is responsible and has made an effort to bring up her child. I was really pleased with the father's reaction too :yes: All in all it does show that they aren't all immature whingey brats.
    I agree you could see she was dedicated to the child and the fact that the father stayed with her showed that he had the guts to live with his actions. Still not ideal though.
    The other twin I saw as doing it more for attention seeking and i could understand why her sister hadn't got any time for her basically

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    I can't really agree... While the first twin has made the best of the situation, it's not exactly responsible to get pregnant at what, 14? 15?

As for the second twin, I agree with those that have said she did it for attention/because her sister did it.

ReputationRep:
    haha i love living in newton abbot! not!

ReputationRep:
    Great now im watching it...

... im sorry... wouldent you get it aborted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by New...Romantic)
    I can't really agree... While the first twin has made the best of the situation, it's not exactly responsible to get pregnant at what, 14? 15?

As for the second twin, I agree with those that have said she did it for attention/because her sister did it.

It was her first time and they did use contraception, it failed. Usually I am very judgemental of these kind of situations but in this case I actually admire her for not running away from her responsibilities and continuing on with her school work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    It was her first time and they did use contraception, it failed. Usually I am very judgemental of these kind of situations but in this case I actually admire her for not running away from her responsibilities and continuing on with her school work.
    Which twin? I did miss the first 5 minutes or so, might not have seen that bit. But did they actually use something or is she just saying that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by New...Romantic)
    Which twin? I did miss the first 5 minutes or so, might not have seen that bit. But did they actually use something or is she just saying that?
    Charlotte the first twin, Well they seem pretty genuine and responsible so... I suppose I'm inclined to believe that they did use a condom.

ReputationRep:
    Why at 13 were they having sex anyway. I just saw them as putting an unecessary strain on their mother ans family as whole. To be on the pill at 13 says it all
    • Section Leader
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    I enjoyed this program. I think that it showed a family coping well in what was a difficult situation.

The parents obviously care about their children and grandson and are doing their best to allow them to continue with their education so that they are prepared for the future.

ReputationRep:
    I watched this yesterday. I thought Charlotte and her boyfriend were such a cute couple, I actually think they'll stay together It did seem like her twin got pregnant for attention though, and I doubt she'll stay with her boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    I was quite suprised by this program and thought it would be about whiny kids getting pregnant and then getting their parents to care for the kids.

I do think Charlotte and her fella were coping very well and they seem like a lovely little family. However, I do feel very sorry for the twin. It seems pretty clear that she wanted the attention her sister got and maybe hoping she would have the attention that Charlotte's boyfriend gives her and the little one.

To me it is shocking that they were having sex at 14, let alone getting pregnant, but it does happen and it's nice to see that not everyone messes it up when faced with all that so young.

ReputationRep:
    I felt sorry for the twin that got pregnant second- Allannah. I mean the only reason that the pill wouldn't be 'working for her' if is she didn't take it and it seemed highly likely that it wasn't exactly a mistake. It was really sad that she had to find out the hard way that it doesn't always turn out as positively as it had done for Charlotte and her boyfriend. While their situation wasn't ideal and she was clearly still a bit naive they were making the best of what they had and trying to be responsible parents. To me, it said a lot that the dad was willing to go out and work for £3 an hour or whatever it was to try and support his son, however small his contribution was.

I quite liked Charlotte until she started preaching to Allannah and lording it over her. Clearly Allannah needed help and support rather than being patronised about how stupid she was to get herself pregnant. To be honest, I don't think she realised how lucky she was to be in a situation where she had so much support from her boyfriend and parents.

Oh, and I absolutely hate the name Kenzie but that's by the by

ReputationRep:
    Everyone has there own opinions about the parents but i think them being supportive and helping out so charlotte can live her life to the best she can by staying in education. I felt so sorry for the twin because of the relationship being affected but then the bump was shown!!! she critised her sister for being in the wrong for getting pregnant and having kenzie and she has done the same.

I am glad charlotte and her boyfriend are making plans for the future and going looking for jobs and doing child care courses.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone see it last night?
    I didn't think it was as good as last week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    Did anyone see it last night?
    I didn't thik it was as good as last week?
    I saw 10 mins but lost interest, I actually asked myself why am I even watching it seen as i'm a guy.

ReputationRep:
    im a young mum and some of the girls on there make there life so hard for themselfs. i was 14 when i had my little boy iv just passed my level 1 healthand social care while i have him he 15months now im going on to mylevel 2 in september. i dont see why half the girls dont want to go to school or collage i love going cause 1. its a break and thats the time i get to my self. 2. im doing something i like to do and 3. im doing this for my son so he can have a desent life i have done this with out the help of my son dad nd mymum left me to it i lived with her yh but she told me iv made my bed now i have got to lie in it and i was happy with that as it was true yeah it was hard but i new it would be wheni feel preg i never regreat a thing my boy so forwards and he my world when i have finished my level 2 im hopfuly going to get a job to support me and my son benfits aint everything iv done 19 with getting **** all money i couldnt even get crises loans out with the switch over and me and my son was living on the 15quid mymum gave us a week so i dnt see why youg girls complain about goping to school its a breakand dere doing good for them selfs and there baby.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.