Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if posting an application form i downloaded from their site when i dont even no if theres vacancies is OK?

ReputationRep:
    Yes of course! Just if there is no vacancies they might not respond but it's worth a shot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rian1988)
    Yes of course! Just if there is no vacancies they might not respond but it's worth a shot.
    ok thanx they wont think differently on me if i post it in the mail or hand it in personally?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becky3112)
    ok thanx they wont think differently on me if i post it in the mail or hand it in personally?
    You might be better handing it in personally (to the manager if you can).

ReputationRep:
    I cant cos i dont go there often n no transport (car) i would be able to get there by train if i got the job tho. I was wondering .... if i put on the envelope the manager n then the address underneath would that b ok like do u think it wud get the the manager???

ReputationRep:
    I think it is often more effective than going in actually. If you go into a store, people on reception are often told to bin the CV or the manager never gets to see it. Whereas if you write a letter clearly labelled 'To the personell manager' they HAVE to open with it and deal with it, meaning they definately look over your application.

A week or so after you have sent it in call up and ask and see if they have recieved it and if anything is going.
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    As mollymustard says, if you post it and it is addressed to the Manager, only the Manager should open it. If you hand it over in the shop anyone could open it, read it, bin it etc

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.