Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The UK Government; Being blamed for a downturn out of they're control! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stephen L100)
    My friend, 297/300 is not mickey mouse! 100% in 5 exams in not mickey mouse my friend! Economics is not mickey mouse, neither is Psychology nor Business.
    I doubt anyone on this forum could give two hoots about your distinctly unimpressive academic points.

I do not come on here to compete nor to boast!
    Perhaps you should practice what you preach:

"What subjects do you do and what did you get in them? What university do you/are you going to?"

This isn't attempting to compete, is it? :rolleyes:

I suggest you dispel this aura of arrogance which appears to surround you. It does nothing to aid your amateurish economic arguments.

ReputationRep:
    Gordon Brown let us through a decade of extreme prosperity, and so, when things go tits up, can we attribute him, probably the most financial apt world leader at this moment in the world, to these problems; I think not!
    Yes we did go through a period of economic prosperity. Unfortunately that prosperity was bankrolled by excessive spending by the Treasury - headed by Gordon Brown.
    Now that we're in a recession, we have no money left to cushion the blow of decreased productivity and mass job losses, and we have skyrocketing national debt as a result - that is the fault of Brown, who had the audacity to say he'd ended boom and bust and then spent taxpayer money like he had.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shalarmay)
    Stop spewing your points. I doubt anyone on this forum could give two hoots about your distinctly unimpressive academic credentials. How juvenile and pathetic that you choose to display your points in your signature. :rofl:

It seems like you are one of those pretentious individuals who fail to practice what they preach:

"What subjects do you do and what did you get in them? What university do you/are you going to?"

This isn't attempting to compete, is it? :rolleyes:

I suggest you dispel this aura of arrogance which appears to surround you. It does nothing to aid your amateurish economic arguments.

Ok, aid me in these arguments my friend; cause and effect me! Rather than criticising me, critisise my argument and put in input

ReputationRep:
    probably the most financial apt world leader at this moment in the world, to these problems; I think not!
    That is one of the most ridiculous things i have ever heard. So financially apt that he sold all our gold reserves at the bottom of the market. So financialy apt that he created the FSA, whose job it is to stop economic crisis happening and they failed to spot any of this coming at all. So finacially apt that when me and you are 30 we will have debt of 80% GDP twice what it should be, which you and i will have to pay by even higher taxes.

ReputationRep:
    People don't really understand when it comes to government debt.

Look at this

If you find it irrational then you're probably one of them.

ReputationRep:
    Not necessarily.

http://capmag.com/article.asp?ID=5503

ReputationRep:
    Viewpoint, simply, nothing else! I want to see other peoples opinions on this what i like to call 'fact'! The economic downturn is as a result of a mixture of both exogenous and endogenous factors, the majority being out of not only the UK governments, but also governments worldwides control!

The financial sector caused it, as well as the housing market; so why do we incessantly blame Gordon Brown??

Gordon Brown let us through a decade of extreme prosperity, and so, when things go tits up, can we attribute him, probably the most financial apt world leader at this moment in the world, to these problems; I think not!
    I think most reasoned people accept this.

This prosperity was unsustainable, which Brown as a prudent manager of the economy should have realised.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the paper I will read it; I am going on what I through personal research I have conducted into viewpoints of Paul Krugman etc. and of course multiple economics blogs, Robert Preston, Tyler Cowan etc. and of course my personal opinion! All input is beneficial however!
    No worries, glad to help. If you're really interested in understanding what went on in depth, I'd also suggest this: some of the articles linked on there predict the crisis from as far back as 2004. Also, their theoretical framework gives the most satisfying explanation of the processes behind the business cycle that I have ever seen, at least.

ReputationRep:
    The government didnt cause the problems, but they still should have been more prudent with the public finances in the boom period, and put money aside for crises such as this. That way, we could have stimulated the economy without saddling up ourselves with debt.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.