How do you plan on funding your place on a GEM course? Watch

Surely_unsure
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
How do you plan on funding your place on a GEM course?
dances_with_lamposts
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I like baked beans?!! I also like mistakes on the part of the student finance people! Shhh!
member169510
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I figure if I get in either:
a). Get a loan beacuse I will make damn sure I pass and will be able to pay it back; or
b). Borrow the money off of family (If the all clubbed together).

I'll sort it out when I get there :yep:
theatrical
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
With the exception of having to find the first year's tuition fees, the rest of the course is covered by a NHS bursary and reduced student loan. You can still get a full-rate student loan for first year. So funding shouldn't really be that much of an issue...
JammyP
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Combination of Student Loans, Money I have saved while currently working, and potentially borrowing from family/friends if I need to. Also plan to work during holidays if I can, I know a few landlords who can usually offer some casual barwork during non term time.

I am trying to steer clear of Professional development loans if I can, and also from having to work while at university. I am not averse to work, but I imagine the workload will be high, and I hope to join a sports team, have a good social life etc. Also going to be maintaining a long distance relationship.

If I need the cash though I would take up a bar job again or something, I did it all the way through my first degree.
brokenangel
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
On GEM course you only need to find the first years tution fees which im getting as a 21st birthday pressent. On the other hand ive managed to get a HCA job so going to try and save as much as possible incase i need to do the 5year course
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (204)
27.57%
No (536)
72.43%

Watched Threads