Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How do you plan on funding your place on a GEM course?

ReputationRep:
    I like baked beans?!! I also like mistakes on the part of the student finance people! Shhh!

ReputationRep:
    I figure if I get in either:
    a). Get a loan beacuse I will make damn sure I pass and will be able to pay it back; or
    b). Borrow the money off of family (If the all clubbed together).

I'll sort it out when I get there :yep:

ReputationRep:
    With the exception of having to find the first year's tuition fees, the rest of the course is covered by a NHS bursary and reduced student loan. You can still get a full-rate student loan for first year. So funding shouldn't really be that much of an issue...

ReputationRep:
    Combination of Student Loans, Money I have saved while currently working, and potentially borrowing from family/friends if I need to. Also plan to work during holidays if I can, I know a few landlords who can usually offer some casual barwork during non term time.

I am trying to steer clear of Professional development loans if I can, and also from having to work while at university. I am not averse to work, but I imagine the workload will be high, and I hope to join a sports team, have a good social life etc. Also going to be maintaining a long distance relationship.

If I need the cash though I would take up a bar job again or something, I did it all the way through my first degree.

ReputationRep:
    On GEM course you only need to find the first years tution fees which im getting as a 21st birthday pressent. On the other hand ive managed to get a HCA job so going to try and save as much as possible incase i need to do the 5year course

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.