Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When do you become 'too old' to still be living with your parents? Watch

I'd say 25. Unless, you were in some hectically difficult university course that took up all of your time. Like medicine perhaps.

I inherited the house I live in when my uncle die. So technically.. my family lives with me

Although im only 18.

ReputationRep:
    i think there is no age limit
    but once u move out
    try not to move back in

and dont wait till u get married to do the job

ReputationRep:
    I want to be completely out by 22/23 but I think anything under 25 is acceptable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What do you all think of people who can afford to move out, but choose to stay at home so they can save up to get a deposit on a house?
    I think that's fairly sensible as long as you're actually doing that, if they're spending a lot of money that they could be saving then really they're just using the excuses of having less bills to their advantage. But if they have a job that pays enough that they'll soon be able to afford to pay a deposit and take on a mortgage then that seems a lot more sensible than wasting money on rent/bills each month so that it takes you longer to get a house.

For me, buying a house is not happening in the foreseeable future so I'd rather live independently than be working and living at home and suddenly find myself in my late twenties or early thirties having never made an attempt to live independently.

ReputationRep:
    When department for work and pensions send your's, your mum's and your dads letters in 1 envelope to save on postage..

ReputationRep:
    Well, after uni I plan to share a house with some friends as soon as is possible. I'd say at 23 you wanna be looking at moving out for sure and after 25 it would be weird. I mean a lot of people are married at that age.

When its appropriate/feasible. I've just graduated and have a job starting in September for a year after which I need to do a postgrad course. In an ideal world I'd do my postgrad at UCL but I wouldn't mind moving back home for it just to make money issues a bit easier. Not sure I can afford to pay rent plus fees and living costs for a postgrad without living with my parents.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.