Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Please For The Love Of God Let The Abba Girl Lose.

edit: TSR fixes capslock wtf!?

ReputationRep:
    You can see the Abba girls ribs. Poor girl sounds like she's being drowned.

Why is the sister crying?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beige_Angel)
    She didn't "make" her daughter have the surgery, she asked her if she wanted it. And there are some children who have their ears pinned back. It's not that uncommon.

However the whole "pushy parents" side of it is pretty bad, they're too young to be wearing make-up and strutting down catwalks!
    A 7 year old doesn't know ANYTHING about what they want. I wanted chav hoodies and a croydon facelift up to 11. The fact my parents let me choose my own school at 10, ruined 3 years of my life.

Kids do not have enough knowledge to make sensible choices - they'll regret it, and of course they'd want surgery if their parents have been brainwashing them all their life that beauty = everything.. (what an idiotic parent though, to even let their kid do that)

ReputationRep:
    It's ******* ridiculous, stupid and seems too American. Let children enjoy their childhood for God's sake. Wait 'til they at least reach 13 before brain washing them with our idiocy.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I'm not watching it, but omg seriously a 7 year old has had plastic surgery to look "cute"? :eek: that's horrific.

I enter my kids into baby/toddler/kiddy contests sometimes, but I couldn't really care less if they win or not, and they don't need to get dressed up or anything (well they put on a nice outfit but that's all) and they don't need to start performing. They literally go, get their picture taken, and then people vote on it, and that's it.

(and the only reason I like those contests anyway is because the pictures are really good quality and you can buy copies of the prints, so basically I take them so that I can get nice professional photos of the kids done to hang on the wall at home )

ReputationRep:
    all i can say is:

lol

ReputationRep:
    lol that stupid kid seriously thinks she is good at singing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown?)
    I'm only 16 lol! The main reason I feel sorry for these children is that all they think about it being pretty and think thats what they need to suceed. But you can't really tell whether or not a child will be good looking or not because their facial features can change as they get older so some of these children are going to be dissapointed when they are older and don't look the way they want.
    yesyes you do have a valid point, but i saw an opportunity for a joke, so...

i think the only winners in these competitions are the vain mothers..

and vanity in general

ReputationRep:
    it disturbs me more than most other things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown?)
    These beauty pageants and the media's control over people making them believe whatever they want such as what's beautiful and whats not is getting out of hand. If you turn to BBC3 now the you'll see the show "Baby Beauty Pageants" which is following girls who are are entering the UK's first little miss uk something or the other beauty pageant and I feel so sorry for these girls as their parents are raising them with all the wrong beliefs and turning their kids into plastic dolls. The girls all are obsessed with being famous and rich and it disgusts me. One parent made their child have plastic surgery when she was 7 and believes to be succeessful you need to be good looking.

Does anyone else think this is morally wrong. They're now dress up children under 10 years old and trying to make them look like models and rate them on their looks. Whats wrong with the media, can't kids just be kids? :mad:
    The little girl wasn't made to have plastic surgery on her ears. She opted to have it done as she didn't like it but it just goes to show how spoilt and corrupted the little child is already and how she is all foccused on looks.

Childhood is disappearing and children are growing up faster than ever and it ridiculous!

ReputationRep:

So sad. And disturbing.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's akin to child abuse. I wanted to strangle each and every one of them.

Apart from the little blonde one who had no money. I loved the fact her mother was so freaked out by it, and that she wasn't doing it because she thought she was prettier and better than everyone else. I wanted to give her a great big cuddle ^_^

ReputationRep:
    For those who want to re-live the horror:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...Beauty_Queens/

ReputationRep:
    The girl Madison should have won she outshone them all.

ReputationRep:
    I found it ridiculous when one of the little girl's sister started crying, because her little sister didn't win. Is it only me that thinks it's disgusting to see these little girls covered with heaps of make up, I am glad the girl won that wore no make up, these little kids should look up to her and realise that they are still beautiful without make-up.

ReputationRep:
    I could never put a child of mine through pageants, fair enough if they say at a reasonable age (13+) that they want to do pageants but not when they are that young...

In my local town they've finally stopped doing the young child and teenage pageants for various reasons which IMO is the best decision.

ReputationRep:
    They look so pretty and I hope to enroll my children into such events when I have them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myheadsbeenspinning)

So sad. And disturbing.
    Oh please, that video is heavily edited for emotional effect.

I bet those girls are happy and enjoy looking beautiful. I think their parents should be praised for showing dedication to their kids and managing to make them look like little princesses.

I can't wait to enroll my potential kids.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shalarmay)
    Oh please, that video is heavily edited for emotional effect.

I bet those girls are happy and enjoy looking beautiful. I think their parents should be praised for showing dedication to their kids and managing to make them look like little princesses.

I can't wait to enroll my potential kids.
    oh dear, I hope you're joking.
    Thank god my parents encouraged me to do well at school and take up constructive hobbies, rather than this kind of ********. Theres more than enough superficiality in the world already.

The kids end up looking like those really freaky china dolls that used to scare me as a child, or like Bratz dolls. Bizarre.

ReputationRep:
    Just watching this now on iPlayer, and seriously, why did anyone think this was a good idea?!
    Important things in life is to enjoy it - have relationships, a career and hobbies. Making 7 year olds join beauty contests just focuses them on their looks and imperfections right at the beginning of their life. If these kids did sport and just went to the park like kids should be, they'd have no time to even look in the mirror and notice their pointy ears. They'll grow up thinking looks is all that matter and be *****y, vain and bland people. They'll have surgery and still be unhappy, probably because they have no real friends. And if they win those contests, they turn into idiots like that 'Miss East Anglia'; apparently, every girls dream is to have a crappy nylon sash hanging off your shoulder! :rofl:
    If a 15 year old realises she's pretty and has nothing else to do, fine, but don't brainwash kids - they could have become something great. The mothers are jeopardising their future in a way, because modelling is so competitive, so these kids will probably end up with some measly job and apartment.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.