Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    There was a 10 year old gyrating on the stage :-/

ReputationRep:
    I watched the first 15mins then had to turn it off as the mothers were driving me insane.
    One of the girls would have been told off by her mum if she put on her glasses instead of wearing her contacts-at 9 years old!

They all wear more make up than I do

ReputationRep:
    I'm watching it now...

All the girls apart from Sasha are so sad, products of their mothers failed dreams.

Sasha (that's the girl from the council estate, right?) is so cute, and sweet, and I hope she gets a better life than the one she's facing (growing up on a council estate with a low income, single parent and probable learning difficulties) - Her and her mum seemed really nice and like they deserve so much better than what they've got.

ReputationRep:

ew.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by april_happy)

ew.
    I think she looks pretty. I don't understand why people have a problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myheadsbeenspinning)

So sad. And disturbing.
    I'm going to have nightmares now. :afraid: Thanks for that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shalarmay)
    Because she is about 6.. and looks 26.
    Its immoral, sure little girls like to dress up, but this is just to the extreme level where it starts to effect their mental health/response. Its foolish. Bah!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by april_happy)

ew.
    Your sig contradicts you! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    Your sig contradicts you! :rofl:

bubbles are buff though.. :o:
    small children in glitter spandex and 4 inches of foundation however, is not :eek:

the girl's mum who didn't have much money summed it up nicely "they're like little drag queens"

oh and miss east anglia and the whole ceremony thing was :rofl: then :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    i saw this on tv and it looks quite disturbing actually :\
    how can someones parents really do this to them :\

ReputationRep:
    That little girl on the council estate I felt sorry for, she deserves a better life. Its sad how people like her and her family are nice and they didn't have much and then people can become spoilt when they given money.

ReputationRep:
    she looks like the bride of chucky

the people involved in those shows should be bloody shot - i agree its child abuse

ReputationRep:
    I saw this last night, it was horrible! So creepy and just not right!

ReputationRep:
    she's so young and has been made to look like she's 26

its immoral and is making children loose thier childhood, they become symbols of sex rather than of innocence

most children are also forced and pressured to take part because of thier parents, which is why people have a problem

ReputationRep:
    Eurgh I can't watch things like that, they make me really annoyed for some strange reason...Well not strange but obvious.:p:
    7 year old girls should be playing with dolls and stuff not in beauty pagents. =\

ReputationRep:
    The woman who was in charge of the whole child pageant seemed like a complete and utter *****. It's sad, and I suppose a result of insecurity and broken dreams on the side of the parents (particularly mothers, apparently). It freaked me out how sexualized some of the girls were; did they even know what they were doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown?)
    That little girl on the council estate I felt sorry for, she deserves a better life. Its sad how people like her and her family are nice and they didn't have much and then people can become spoilt when they given money.
    Yeah, I hope she doesn't turn into a brat. I was glad when I heard she got modelling jobs, simply because of the money, but she's so young.

ReputationRep:
    I just finished watching it now, it was disgusting. The little girl said if she didn't win she'd think it was because she was ugly and that really was sad =[

I can understand the girl with the ear thing though, I have one pointy ear lol it's not too bad though, my dad has trophy handle ears.

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid to say my cousin enters her six year old daughter in pageants and family life revolves around pageants. My cousin and her husband have three other children, including another daughter, but she isn't "pretty enough" [my cousin's own words] to be entered into pageants. The other three children barely get a look in when it comes to attention from mom and dad, because the focus is on K and her pageant 'career', and it's so very, very sad.

I know if affects the other children. Earlier this year, I asked the other daughter (aged 12) if she was going to audition for a part in her school play, and she just shrugged and said "what's the point, if I got a part, who would come and see me in it?"

Not to mention what all of this does to K, who at six, is brattier than most teenagers. I've actually heard K talking about other pageant contestants, and calling them 'fat', and I think to myself 'if she is like this at six, what is she going to be like when she is actually a teenager'.

I'm just thankful I'll be back in the UK by that point and I won't have to witness K turn from mini-monster into teen monster.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.