Turn on thread page Beta

Someone is trying to log-in to my account! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I haven't used this forum for ages, but I have just recieved two e-mails saying this:

The Dude,

Your account on UK-Learning Forums has been locked because someone has tried to log into the account with the wrong password more than 5 times. You will be able to attempt to log in again in another 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 172.188.69.183

Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Use the link below:
    http://www.uk-learning.net/login.php?do=lostpw

All the best,
    UK-Learning Forums team

I haven't even logged in for ages, so it is obvious someone is trying to access my username. Err why? What is the point? There is nothing interesting about my uk-learning account so wtf man? Can the mods do anything to track down the above IP? Don't worry if you can't, i'm not severely bothered, it is just that I don't want my e-mail address littered with this crap.

Regards,

The Dude

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Dude)
    I haven't used this forum for ages, but I have just recieved two e-mails saying this:

The Dude,

Your account on UK-Learning Forums has been locked because someone has tried to log into the account with the wrong password more than 5 times. You will be able to attempt to log in again in another 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 172.188.69.183

Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Use the link below:

All the best,
    UK-Learning Forums team

I haven't even logged in for ages, so it is obvious someone is trying to access my username. Err why? What is the point? There is nothing interesting about my uk-learning account so wtf man? Can the mods do anything to track down the above IP? Don't worry if you can't, i'm not severely bothered, it is just that I don't want my e-mail address littered with this crap.

Regards,

The Dude
    You always get the odd muppet, unfortunately.

ReputationRep:

The Dude,

All the best,
    UK-Learning Forums team

Regards,

The Dude
    I sympathise with you.

P.S. vote against the post delay.

ReputationRep:

The Dude,

All the best,
    UK-Learning Forums team

Regards,

The Dude
    thank you, the ip has been traced, measures have been taken, however there is not alot we can do apart from banning members with that ip (there was 1). I suggest you change your pw to something unbreakable

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.